Guns International

Neckbeards, Knuckleheads, and Attention Whores?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You are kidding, right? Game, set, match? He presented facts and your response is, "does not", so you think you won?
    Holy misinterpretation batman! I simply quoted the facts Sapper asked for. The empirical evidence he wanted, game set and match for TXARGUY, for dropping a ton of it on him.
    Target Sports

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I'm 100% for OC of any gun you can legally carry. I'm also 100% on the side of these guys who are out doing a walk and decide to stop somewhere to eat as long as they maintain the rules I thought everyone was supposed to be going by. OCT has put out that you should:

-Contact any business's you plan on visiting and get the managers permission ahead of time. Also, contact the local police and let them know where you will be walking or visiting and when.

If you are stopping somewhere to eat, you wouldn't have the forethought to call.
    Otherwise its a protest, at a private establishment, that has no dog in the hunt.
    Again, OCing long guns in a restaurant is no one's time honored tradition.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If you are stopping somewhere to eat, you wouldn't have the forethought to call.
    Otherwise its a protest, at a private establishment, that has no dog in the hunt.
    Again, OCing long guns in a restaurant is no one's time honored tradition.

This brings up a good point. What was the context of our open carry of long arms law here in Texas? Were cities allowed to regulate it? (Dont take your AR15 town son, leave your AR at home Bill)

I dont see how some of y'all dont see the difference in open carrying while walking to check the mail (because it's a right) vs descending upon a Starbucks en masse.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    .but until one of you presents some empirical evidence that OC movements ARE damaging our efforts to support the 2nd Amendment then all you're presenting are opinions and you all know what we say about opinions.

Game, set, match.

Any evidence these events are helping? Perhaps a list of all the legislators who have joined OCT and are on record as supporting them? None huh. In an election year no less.

George Lavender is the guy who has introduced the OC bills last two sessions. As anyone knows, bills do not often pass on first try and since no two legialtures are identical due to elections, a lot of behind the scenes work takes place. George has been working on this and here is what he has to say:

“I have told the groups that I have talked to not to do this right now. I think it is more harmful. The only reason it wouldn’t pass is if we do something stupid and attract bad publicity,” Lavender told Texas Politics, emphasizing that open carry legislation appears to be a slam dunk in the 2015 session. “It’s good legislation. This could be harmful in getting it passed. We’re so close to getting it done. I would hate to see it damaged inadvertently.”

Yes Open Carry s a "Slam Dunk" he is on record saying that - unless someone does something stupid. So all OCT can do now is screw up a slam dunk Lavender has been working on for 4 years now.

So yeah, Game, Set, Match unless OCT screws up.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Any evidence these events are helping? Perhaps a list of all the legislators who have joined OCT and are on record as supporting them? None huh. In an election year no less.

George Lavender is the guy who has introduced the OC bills last two sessions. As anyone knows, bills do not often pass on first try and since no two legialtures are identical due to elections, a lot of behind the scenes work takes place. George has been working on this and here is what he has to say:

“I have told the groups that I have talked to not to do this right now. I think it is more harmful. The only reason it wouldn’t pass is if we do something stupid and attract bad publicity,” Lavender told Texas Politics, emphasizing that open carry legislation appears to be a slam dunk in the 2015 session. “It’s good legislation. This could be harmful in getting it passed. We’re so close to getting it done. I would hate to see it damaged inadvertently.”

Yes Open Carry s a "Slam Dunk" he is on record saying that - unless someone does something stupid. So all OCT can do now is screw up a slam dunk Lavender has been working on for 4 years now.

So yeah, Game, Set, Match unless OCT screws up.

Something to be said about being politically savvy and working through the system (when the system works).

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The above quote is from Sapper asking for the empirical evidence that oct has done damage. My reply was a quote from TXARGUY showing Sapper that indeed there is a whole bunch of empirical evidence that OCT has done damage.
    Hence, game, set, and match to TXARGUY.
    You may have noticed that Sapper is mysteriously absent.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Something to be said about being politically savvy and working through the system (when the system works).

OCT is a bunchy of children having a temper tantrum. They are not smart enough to know how the system works, and to be working to get pro-OC folks elected this November. They are not working with NRA, TSRA, or Lavender. There is no coordinated effort, no strategy. Just a bunch of cry-babies in a Home Depot parking lot, now that they got kicked out of Chilis, because, they were too stupid to know Restaurants that have TABC permits cannot allow OC.

Remember LoneStarCDL? Even he was savvy enough to get hook up with Lavender and get OC bill introduced in 2009.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    The above quote is from Sapper asking for the empirical evidence that oct has done damage. My reply was a quote from TXARGUY showing Sapper that indeed there is a whole bunch of empirical evidence that OCT has done damage.

Hey, how 'bout we back off a bit.

Nobody is trying to distinguish between OC events and the places they are being held.

Alamo event-great
    City Hall Protest-great
    Police Department Headquarters-great
    City or State Park-Great

Chipotle-Stupid

Once again, this OC movement was meant to shed light on our inability as citizens to OC handguns in Texas, not to dance around at every store and business with our long guns hanging out because it is our right.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX

I got "called out" the other day for some of Sapper's comments on another thread. Attribute it to being an emotional topic. I'm sure no harm was meant.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Lavender said exactly what I did...it's ours to screw up.

If I didn't know better I'd think the in-your-face protests, and their horrible timing, are setup by anti-gunners to derail OC.

But then I realize we have our fair share of blowhards that just don't get it and don't understand the game.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I've also been told by well informed individuals that lets say you are walking down a country road, or changing a tire, and somebody comes upon you with their AR slung in the patrol ready position, or front carry, and you instinctively drew down on them with your CCW and killed them, it most likely would be considered justified and an act of self defense.

I would imagine the same might apply at Walmart.

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    If I didn't know better I'd think the in-your-face protests, and their horrible timing, are setup by anti-gunners to derail OC.

But then I realize we have our fair share of blowhards that just don't get it and don't understand the game.
    exactly what I was wondering when I saw some of the pictures and videos...

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Y'all do know OCT calls ahead and makes sure it's alright they go places? Well they are aupposed to and the main group does. They also call the local LEO they don't just randomly walk one day.

sent from the bathroom

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Y'all do know OCT calls ahead and makes sure it's alright they go places? Well they are aupposed to and the main group does. They also call the local LEO they don't just randomly walk one day.

sent from the bathroom

And?
    Its still blindingly stupid; has nothing to do with OC; and makes all gun owners look bad with their tacticool baby carrying tattoo underdressed mom pics in front of Home Depot antics.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

One group calling ahead does not fix the 20 others that do not. It is pretty clesr the groups visiting Chilis, Chipotles, Starbucks, Wendy's, Jacks,etc. did not call ahead and get the "allright".

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Some of those were OCT and the news didn't report what actually happened. The news doesn't come back and report the truth, and how managers did ok them coming, or that the only reason most say no more open carry is just do to making money.

sent from the bathroom

Last edited:
    Top Bottom