Join TexasGunTalk

Need a new ffl in nw side

Discussion in 'Houston' started by craigntx, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Ryououki

Ryououki Member

Dec 27, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Ah, ok. Didn't know of another shop on Stuebner. I guess everyone is getting off that street for some reason.

2. andre3k

andre3k Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Old thread but I'm located at Kuykendahl / Spring Cypress if you need a transfer and you're in the area.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    One of those guys told me it's illegal to fill out the 4473 b4 it's in hand.
    Fixin to pay this new rifle off, I need a guy

4. ExpensiveHobbies

ExpensiveHobbies New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Thanks for this recommendation! I'll be giving them a try.

FWIW - The guy at the new world ordinance place was always a dick to me...

5. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Sorry man, I've only done one transfer each with those guys and they were pretty simple. Since I live close, each time I just filled out the 4473 at their house, and was on my way.

6. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    He became jaded.
    At first he was open 7 days. Then he cut it back, stopped putting out merchandise, then eventually he decided he didn't want customers to "finger f••k"
    the merchandise, then it was by appointment only...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  7. pitboxer

pitboxer New Member

Sep 29, 2017
    houston

8. Mark L. Milstein

Mark L. Milstein New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Spring, Texas
    Hi Craig,
    I live in Spring, and like you previously used New World Ordinance. Sadly, they recently moved to Polk County.
    I wanted to let you know that I have found a few others in our area (NW Houston) that still charge only $15 for FFL transfers (perhaps even less with a Texas CHL).
    I used Tac Munitions earlier this week, and I must say they could not have been nicer, or more efficient. Their staff was incredibly accommodating, and Alan made sure to come in and spend some time chatting with me and telling me about the quality ammo they produce. Really nice folks, and I will definitely use them again in the future.
    They were roughly a 20 min. drive from where I am (Spring Cypress & Champion Forest).

I also have found Texas Armory Depot (also $15 FFL transfer fee), located on Louetta (closer to I-45, I believe). I have not picked up yet, but wanted to point out how much less their transfer fee is compared to local gunshops and pawnshops.
    Locally, I have paid as much as $55.00 for an FFL transfer at a certain gun shop.
    Hope that this is helpful.
    All the best.
    -Mark

9. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Thanks Mark. it's good to have options. All I have is a (GPS equipped) company truck so i can't drive all over hell and back on personal biz

10. mroper

mroper Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I use Matt at 2nd Amendment Arms and Ammo as well. Nice guy and he will order stuff for you at good prices.