• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Ok im a diesel mechanic I nicked my thumb a couple days ago and got a serious staph infection in the joints of my thumb called mrsa. Probably from the sleeper of a truck I was working on. After three iv antibiotic treatment and I am on bactrim ds and cephalexin.
    Doc say I have 2days to show significant improvement or he will schedule surgery to get the infection out of my joints when and if he gets in there if it is to bad he says they will remove my thumb so plz if you pray. Pray for your brother in christ. Thank you jason.

The only easy day was yesterday.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Not bad I just busted my knuckle but its the staph is the problem it is in my joints my thumb is three times the size of my other one and I cant move it without intense pain.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've heard nasty things about that MRSA. Now, if I get a cut or bite that don't look right-I don't mind getting it checked out. I'd rather look like an idiot to some doc I rarely see than let something like that get outta control. So far, I've only had one bite that looked anything like this. Good luck to ya man-let us know if you need any help with anything.

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    At least you're on some good antibiotics. The Bactrim DS/cephalexin (ceftin) combo is essentially SOP for cases like this, and with damn good reason.

And yeah, MRSA is -not- something you want to **** with. Best of luck, brother.

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    I should have know most truckers are filthy people (no offense to anyone just my opinion of 12 years of working with them) not all but a hell of a lot of them are. I remember one truck was so infested with pest we have to bomb it three times before we could work on it.

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Salt draws infection to surface doc says do it once a day then wash with antimicrobial soap for 7 mins air dry and uses this solution that is 50% decolorized iodine and 50% alcohol (which burns like hell) then use the antibiotic ointment and cover untill the morning as not to transfer staph to my wife.

Last edited:

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Ouch, man... Pity you can't use cheap vodka instead of rubbing alcohol. At least that could take the edge off (and yes I'm completely serious there).

Also, minor nitpick here - it's spelled "staph", not "staff".

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Lol its cool I fixed it I could probably but the solution is pre made

Last edited:
    Top Bottom