• ...and so much more!
  • Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    After my mother died my two older brothers began to fight over her estate. I was every bit as entitled as either of them and there was a valid will but I walked away. The oldest, a CPA, took everything by cooking the books. I may not have a dime to my name but I do have my integrity and the knowledge that, if mom can see us from wherever she is, she knows at least one of her sons valued her more than her money.
    Capitol Armory ad

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    After my mother died my two older brothers began to fight over her estate. I was every bit as entitled as either of them and there was a valid will but I walked away. The oldest, a CPA, took everything by cooking the books. I may not have a dime to my name but I do have my integrity and the knowledge that, if mom can see us from wherever she is, she knows at least one of her sons valued her more than her money.
    Now that's what im talking about, brother or not he wil pay.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Now that's what im talking about, brother or not he wil pay.

The oldest has done far worse than thievery. IMO, he's a true sociopath. I don't want him to burn in hell but if there's a place in heaven for muck raking then that's the position he deserves. Or if reincarnation exists then he should be a dung beetle.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have not spoke to my sister in 7-8 years over family matters after my fathers death. Her son was living in her basement with his 3rd wife who was expecting. When my dad died I suggested the nephew moving the empty house. My brother & I both wanted $350.00 for rent. My sister insisted that was too much so we let him rent it for $250.00.

Always late making rent. Missed a couple months as well. When he moved out he left his property there for 2 months. I thought he needed to pay the 2 months seeing as we couldn't rent it with his stuff in the house. When we sold the house my brother had been renting it out to guys from work. He made the both of us good & we got even with the sister.

My sisters oldest daughter wanted my dad's new vehicle. I said that fine but the other grand children would all receive equal value in cash. My dad made no provision for the grand children. The niece had to borrow money to pay the taxes on the vehicle.

Seeing as I lived out of state anything in my dads house was pretty much not worth the cost of shipping it. My sisters kids were like sharks in a feeding frenzy over it all. I set aside a few things that I wanted that were small that were my dad's. Believe it or not I wanted his lunch bucket & some pipe wrenches. My sister said she could ship it to me & never did.

When my sister dies I have no plans on returning home for her funeral. Of her 3 kids I only really speak with the middle daughter as she married a jarhead Who is pretty solid. My guess she will be the one to tell me when my sister kicks the bucket.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    My aunts took aggressive measures that radically inconvenienced my family (sudden move to Ok) and then slandered us and my father. No prof given of any wrongdoing although they have all records in front of them.

My dad doesn't care to see them again and will let them have every penny of the estate if he doesn't see them again and even avoid\not attend the funeral if my grandma dies.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    My aunts took aggressive measures that radically inconvenienced my family (sudden move to Ok) and then slandered us and my father. No prof given of any wrongdoing although they have all records in front of them.

My dad doesn't care to see them again and will let them have every penny of the estate if he doesn't see them again and even avoid\not attend the funeral if my grandma dies.
    Sometimes that's what happens but trust in the lord he repays.
    And this much i know and have lived! !! When GOD PUTS A ASS WHOOPIN ON YA YOU CAN'T WASH IT OFF

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I had an older neighbor that I really liked, died a few years back.
    His daughter caught me coming out of the restroom at the funeral and tried to sell me his house
    If it was a halfway decent price I would have bought it. At least then you could make sure none of them moved into it.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Trust w an impartial executor (trustee).

Put a 3rd party like an uncle or trusted friend that's not in the inheritance in charge of divvying it up. Leave a specified amount of cash in said trust for their trouble.

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    That's disgusting. I know I will have a few siblings like that. All I will want are the kayaks and a couple of fishing poles and his bible because those have always been a dad and I thing. I'm just going to let them have the stuff.

Reading some of these and knowing my family is every bit as bad makes me glad I married Eastern European where the family structure is still very strong unlike white America.

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I really would like to think things would remain civil between me and my sisters when the time comes, there really isn't anything that I would be willing to fight over. My mother and I have already discussed I will be the likely one to take care of her if need be (4 sisters, no brothers, and the middle child) it really would break my heart if family ties were broken over material possessions.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It really is a shame. Everyone wants to get it done with right away. When that's the wrong time to do it. Grieve first, the rest can wait.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    And it continues ...

Oldest son is leaving for Virginia Saturday morning.
    Youngest daughter is going home Sunday.

Oldest son catches me esterday and asks if I would keep an eye on the place and do a wellness check on the widow.
    Not a problem at all.

He went on to ask that if I see the bat-shit crazy daughter over there, to go over and make sure everything is OK.
    Even went so far as to ask that I ask said daughter to leave.

I'm not getting into the family squabbles. The crazy daughter is freaking CRAZY.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    And it continues ...

Oldest son is leaving for Virginia Saturday morning.
    Youngest daughter is going home Sunday.

Oldest son catches me esterday and asks if I would keep an eye on the place and do a wellness check on the widow.
    Not a problem at all.

He went on to ask that if I see the bat-shit crazy daughter over there, to go over and make sure everything is OK.
    Even went so far as to ask that I ask said daughter to leave.

I'm not getting into the family squabbles. The crazy daughter is freaking CRAZY.

That's asking too much.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'll save most of the stories of relatives and neighbors pilfering my parents' house after my Dad passed away (my mom had died 2 years prior), but I'm reminded of one incident in particular. I had just walked into my parents' house after getting back there from my Dad's funeral, and the home phone was ringing. It was a lifelong neighbor and family "friend" from a mile up the street (who had not attended the funeral), expressing interest in buying my Dad's Ford F150. I told them that I did plan on selling it, but because they had called to ask about it "before the body was even cold", the truck could sit and rot away before I would even think of selling it to them, and then I slammed the phone in their ear. Still pisses me off to think about that incident.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom