• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    This will be a little bit of a learning curve for me with the optic. Gonna be fun!! Anyone else running one and liking it?
    PXL_20220311_200218510.jpg

PXL_20220311_200218510.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here is a thread to peruse while waiting for replies...

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I recently got my 365XL also. I put the MCARBO spring kit in a couple days ago and will be taking it to the range soon. I will put a few hundred rounds in it with the new springs before I start carrying it. I’m leaning towards a Holosun 407k when I free up some funds.
    AD039E78-91B0-4C08-8024-442DA9446275.jpeg

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Over the past few motnhs I have been starting to get familiar with pistol optics and picked up an XL for that reason. I mounted a Holosun on mine and zeroed it last week and ran about 300 rounds through it. My primary EDC for many years has been an M&P Shield 9. I have a few Shields including a Plus and thought about just having one milled, but went with the P365 in the end. I must say, I really love the feel of the XL and it shoots great. Will take some practice with that small optic window and aquiring the dot.

Overall, I am really liking pistol optics though. My full size pistol is a CZ P09 milled with an optic and an Elite LTT RDO with Holosun.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I recently got my 365XL also. I put the MCARBO spring kit in a couple days ago and will be taking it to the range soon. I will put a few hundred rounds in it with the new springs before I start carrying it. I’m leaning towards a Holosun 407k when I free up some funds.
    View attachment 308466
    Copying me? LOL....I have the same two and same setup. Is that the TLR7 Sub on the Sig? I don't want it to extend past the barrel. The TLR 6 is fine, but my Kydex guy doesn't make one for that light just yet.

bbslider001

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Sweet pistol! You'll get the hang of using the red dot soon enough. It's a game changer.

Thank you! I put 100 rounds through it Thursday and then again yesterday. It's definitely a learning curve, but getting there. Man I LOVE this little thing. I am surprised at how easy recoil managemnt is with such a small frame.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The base 355 felt so perfect in my hand with the 12 round mag, I bought Wilson Combat XL grip for it.

Incidentally, anybody want a WC grip in regular size? Or a factory module improved by yours truly, with some 1000 grit sandpaper to take all the sharp edges and ridges off?

jlevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2022
    I might need to try an XL one of these days. I've been very happy with the regular P365. I shoot left-handed and swapped the magazine release to the right side. I noticed the magazine follower would catch on the sharp edge on the inside of the magazine window the magazine release engages. Not a big deal, it just made it a bit more difficult to load when the follower hit that section. I disassembled the magazines and knocked the sharp edge off with a file. I also had some rust on the outside of the magazines and ended up painting them.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I might need to try an XL one of these days. I've been very happy with the regular P365. I shoot left-handed and swapped the magazine release to the right side. I noticed the magazine follower would catch on the sharp edge on the inside of the magazine window the magazine release engages. Not a big deal, it just made it a bit more difficult to load when the follower hit that section. I disassembled the magazines and knocked the sharp edge off with a file. I also had some rust on the outside of the magazines and ended up painting them.
    My xl holds a little better group not sure if it's the strait trigger or the longer grip or maybe the extra 1/2 inch barrel.
    All thought a 15 round mag makes the 365 grip just as long as the xl. The dove tail on the xl makes it a little more uncomfortable to apendex carry when stting down. The slides will interchange so i can put the xl slide on the 365 and eliminate the dove tail. The 365 with the 12 round mag is perfect. The down side is the 10/12 mag will not fit the xl.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Was in 10 ring the other day and a lady came in and said her P365 had had some light primer strikes and didn't go off. She also said she had a few stove pipe failure to extract. She is also a re loader.She re ran the light strikes and the did go off the next time. The counter man gave her some suggestions to try. But that is the first time I have herd about any like strikes that failed to make it go off on the p356. All 3 of mind have been flawless. I sugested that if it happens again to call sig and have them send her a new striker spring. I didn't ask if hers was a first or seconded gen or not.'That would worry me for my carry gun, but hopefully she gets it worked out.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Was in 10 ring the other day and a lady came in and said her P365 had had some light primer strikes and didn't go off. She also said she had a few stove pipe failure to extract. She is also a re loader.She re ran the light strikes and the did go off the next time. The counter man gave her some suggestions to try. But that is the first time I have herd about any like strikes that failed to make it go off on the p356. All 3 of mind have been flawless. I sugested that if it happens again to call sig and have them send her a new striker spring. I didn't ask if hers was a first or seconded gen or not.'That would worry me for my carry gun, but hopefully she gets it worked out.
    I’m only learning about reloading right now but maybe the depth of the primer in her reloads, could have caused the light strikes.

Top Bottom