DK Firearms

New Braunfels short notice get-together!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Well that was interesting, ha we definitely had a good time and those tacos were great but I'll be sure to remember how small they are next time and order accordingly. Good to meet some of you and definitely look forward to another shoot, range was also new to me but definitely enjoyed it. And itchin2shoot anytime, also was a hoot listening to the conversations going on at the pistol range.
    DK Firearms

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Wish I could have made it. Back is tweaking out, been sprawled on the ground all day with a heating pad.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Good to meet everyone!

Itchin- thanks for lettin me shoot the 5.45... You might have sold me on getting an upper in that caliber!

Zfields- you will be making the next meet so make sure your to take it easy on your back the week before! :P

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Was a good day. I had a great time shooting with everyone. Kyle, thanks for letting me shoot the FAL, It was a great shooter. And TXdarkhorse thanks for letting me shoot your ar15s. And the guy with the Luger,, Wolfwood? That was great, Thanks for letting me put some rounds downrange with it. Oh yeah and stxkid it was nice to meet you, and i appreciate you letting me play with the henry. Cannot wait fot the next shoot. Hell i don't even need to bring my own guns lol.

How did the XD-45 do, did ya like it??

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If I can get away next time we can head over there together. I'd like to shoot your FAL and of course you can shoot my AR and some of my .45s. If you haven't ever shot a .444 Marlin you'll need to try it. It's a hoot and it's like shooting a cannon!

Good to meet everyone!

Itchin- thanks for lettin me shoot the 5.45... You might have sold me on getting an upper in that caliber!

Zfields- you will be making the next meet so make sure your to take it easy on your back the week before! :P

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas

P

Kyle, like I said the only downside is mags, but trust me, pmags downloaded to 20 work just fine. I shot a couple today with zero issues. The company who bought out crapproducts may be producing a decent mag now a days. The cpod mags that i have that do work work 100%. I believe the non working mags can be fixed simply by adjusting the right side feedlip, but i didn't think i should have to adjust a feedlip on a new in wrapper mag.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    How did the XD-45 do, did ya like it??

I love it. I put 150 rounds through it, and it shot great. I am not very good with it, but I think I just need to practice. 50 of the rounds were monarch jhp. I hit left consistently, but the guy with the german luger was able to put a full mag into the center of the target one handed. So I know it's me, and not the pistol.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    If I can get away next time we can head over there together. I'd like to shoot your FAL and of course you can shoot my AR and some of my .45s. If you haven't ever shot a .444 Marlin you'll need to try it. It's a hoot and it's like shooting a cannon!

Sounds like a plan to me! I do believe I might enjoy squeezing the trigger on that Marlin... I have never shot one.

If you ever get an itch to hit the range here in town, feel free to give me a jingle!

Kyle, like I said the only downside is mags, but trust me, pmags downloaded to 20 work just fine. I shot a couple today with zero issues. The company who bought out crapproducts may be producing a decent mag now a days. The cpod mags that i have that do work work 100%. I believe the non working mags can be fixed simply by adjusting the right side feedlip, but i didn't think i should have to adjust a feedlip on a new in wrapper mag.

As long as there is something out there that can be made to work, I should be set. I can't imagine why you should have to modify magazines that are supposedly designed for the platform/caliber... That is just strange to me...

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Was planning on coming home and taking a nap before i have to go to a little kids birthday party but all I have been doing is browsing around here and just noticed that the few "minutes" I thought I've been on here have actually been hours. I think after the get together today affirmed it's worth sticking around here.

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Was a good day. I had a great time shooting with everyone. Kyle, thanks for letting me shoot the FAL, It was a great shooter. And TXdarkhorse thanks for letting me shoot your ar15s. And the guy with the Luger,, Wolfwood? That was great, Thanks for letting me put some rounds downrange with it. Oh yeah and stxkid it was nice to meet you, and i appreciate you letting me play with the henry. Cannot wait fot the next shoot. Hell i don't even need to bring my own guns lol.
    I'm the one with the Luger and anytime you want to shoot it, just ask. I wish I hadn't shot that XD, now I got to get one. It was great to meet some some more of the folks from the forum.That is a pretty nice range, really enjoyed today didn't leave till 230. That Saiga 12 was a blast, even shot some skeet with it.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Heck yah, Hopefully I'll have a few of my new projects to play with next time! might also need to get some 7.7 ammo...

Top Bottom