• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Shit like this is making me want to build that fence around my property. I think some razor wire should work
    Had an inmate escape one night, well not me but another unit, and we looked all over for him. Found his ass hainging in the triple roll razor wire bleed half to death.

So ya, razor wire is great. Just make sure you do I properly. One row, then a double row above it and a triple row at the top. Leaning out to the outside of the property line. When you do a single row a blanket can cover it.
    Texas SOT

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

FDA Asks Federal Judge to Grant it Until the Year 2076 to Fully Release Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Data​

Sure, sounds fine.
    As long as they don't get paid until released.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When they don't want to release it, you know it has to be bad. As in really, really bad. Could this be the reason Capital Hill has an exemption?????
    Ain't releasing it a Federal Law?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Everywhere I go I see help wanted signs, some with signing bonuses. Why is that? Even non-retail businesses have signs along the road next to their marquis or on their marquis looking for workers. I’m wondering if these new requirements have anything to do with that. I mean, with everything going up in price, I’d think it would draw more people that need the work. Even our Euro factories are way short staffed. Engineers, operations, sales, production. I’m thinking that since the jab is required for work over there, many refused and decided to sit it out. I tell ya, this has just about brought my company to its knees. I’ve never seen it so bad. The announcement came out to us in the US regarding the vax on the same day as the courts rejected it and OSHA said they won’t enforce it. Making it worse, we have to pay for our own weekly shots. If my company does not walk this back, it’s all over. There will be an mass exedus and I will be one of them. Paying my own test is like getting a pay cut. With the $ that involves, it opens the door for me to take a lower paying job that is a lot less stressful with a smaller company doing something I might enjoy. Getting tired of the corporate bs anyway so maybe thats a good thing

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Paying people not to work.
    That was one contributing factor, but not the only one. The extended unemployment ended here in Texas in June, but the "labor shortage" still persists. There's many converging variables... New regulations freezing out qualified people, people who were laid off during the stupid lockdowns figuring out how to get by without a job and not returning to the workforce, inflation running away from wages, a complete rejiggering of the economy making businesses untenable, not wanting to put up with stupid mask and jab policies to work, and a bunch of other shit.

This guy has an interesting perspective, too.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That was one contributing factor, but not the only one. The extended unemployment ended here in Texas in June, but the "labor shortage" still persists. There's many converging variables... New regulations freezing out qualified people, people who were laid off during the stupid lockdowns figuring out how to get by without a job and not returning to the workforce, inflation running away from wages, a complete rejiggering of the economy making businesses untenable, not wanting to put up with stupid mask and jab policies to work, and a bunch of other shit.

This guy has an interesting perspective, too.

There is still rent credits unemployment and the child tax credit all paid monthly. All together it's enough to get by easier than working for 12 buck an hour.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There is still rent credits unemployment and the child tax credit all paid monthly. All together it's enough to get by easier than working for 12 buck an hour.
    The welfare baby farmers aren't a new phenomenon. There's still multiple factors; mostly related to the melt up/pending crash. Personally saw similar things in 07-08. Knew lots of people that were unemployed, but I still had a hard time hiring good employees where I worked.

There's also something odd going on that I can't nail down where I don't think many companies are that serious about hiring. Open job postings that never get filled and applications are instantly rejected. I've also noticed hiring signs at chains around town, but they require their employees to wear masks. No wonder they can't get workers.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My son and his wife both in their early 30's both have new "work at home" jobs in Houston (internet media ads and employment agency) and are killing it. Close to $190K in annual gross before bonus altogether. Better than engineers.
    That is very good and I am glad for them.

But that pay is not topping what engineers at the same experience level make.

Top Bottom