• ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Here’s the thing with antibodies:
    You have them in measurable amounts for a period of time post-infection.

But you body doesn’t continually circulate antibodies, the metabolic price would be too high.

So we have memory cells that, once the bad stuff is identified, they tell your immune system to start antibody production.

As an adult, assuming you had it as a child, you don’t have chicken-pox antibodies floating around 24/7. They’re produced in response to stimuli, and slowly retreat when the stimuli is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Here’s the thing with antibodies:
    You have them in measurable amounts for a period of time post-infection.

But you body doesn’t continually circulate antibodies, the metabolic price would be too high.

So we have memory cells that, once the bad stuff is identified, they tell your immune system to start antibody production.

As an adult, assuming you had it as a child, you don’t have chicken-pox antibodies floating around 24/7. They’re produced in response to stimuli, and slowly retreat when the stimuli is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sorry, that's not always true. With some diseases the antibodies remain for decades.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Pretty sure I had it in Sept '20. My lungs got really bad, hurt to breathe bad, and are still screwed up. Everyone else in the house just had a sore throat, cough and fever for about 48 hours. I did not get tested. Not vaxxed. Still not. Ain't gonna be.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Vaxed daughter had it twice.

Vaxed other daughter probably has it now. Although she tested negative but the doc says false positive and negative tests are extremely common. Some say the tests can be as much as only 40% accurate.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sorry, that's not always true. With some diseases the antibodies remain for decades.

According to my doc, the covid antibodies test is only valid for more recent infections. No good six months later.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No jab, every co worker, parents, probably me based on the #'s had it, but I never got sick.

If it hasn't got me by now, then I'll take my chances. F that shot and my job if need be. We had to declare this week because of the OSHA sh!t, but everything went on hold for now.
    I wonder if some of us unvaccinated who have never had symptoms maybe caught in the first round, were asymptomatic (so never tested), and have stronger immunity than provided by the inoculations thus not getting the variants (or maybe asymptomatic if we did).

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I wonder if some of us unvaccinated who have never had symptoms maybe caught in the first round, were asymptomatic (so never tested), and have stronger immunity than provided by the inoculations thus not getting the variants (or maybe asymptomatic if we did).
    Probably.

I've joked for years about eating something off the ground or eating with dirty hands will just turn my immune system into a body builder from all the small work outs that if the plague comes, I'll be fine. Guess that joke is playing out.

3 years ago I did get a mystery sickness that felt like it damn near killed me. I lost 30lbs and was pissing blood when my wife finally drug me to the ER. Did culture samples and all came back negative. Maybe I was patient zero. Still have no idea what it was.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Probably.

I've joked for years about eating something off the ground or eating with dirty hands will just turn my immune system into a body builder from all the small work outs that if the plague comes, I'll be fine. Guess that joke is playing out.

3 years ago I did get a mystery sickness that felt like it damn near killed me. I lost 30lbs and was pissing blood when my wife finally drug me to the ER. Did culture samples and all came back negative. Maybe I was patient zero. Still have no idea what it was.
    I got sick in November of 2019 (Pre pandemic). I went to the doctor, but never really asked what it was, I figured influenza. The doctor gave me a shot and a prescription (antibiotics), but it still took about 2 weeks to start feeling better.

At the beginning of 2020, when I first heard of COVID-19, all the symptoms sounded exactly like what I had a few months earlier. I don't know for sure, but I wasn't coming down with CV-19 even though many around me had.

Had there had been more openness when it came to questions about the vaccines, I probably would have gotten it in early 2021. The whole "nothing but a new vaccine will work" along with "If you question the vaccine, you're an antivaxxer conspiracy theorist" didn't and still doesn't instill confidence in me. And Fauci? I can't think of a worse salesman. I'm just surprised that so many blindly accept a narrative coming from people they used to say they didn't trust.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    If they had simply said this vaccine is available, and these are the benefits, it’s likely that at some point I would have gotten the shot. The moment they started giving away cash, lotto tickets, booze, weed, movie tickets and burgers to entice people to get it, the red flags went up. I knew this was a bad thing. They over did it in their push to get as many vaxxed as possible in a short period of time before the side effects start cropping up. After reading all the reports of athletes (soccer mostly) collapsing on the field, I’m sure there are some that regret getting the vaccine.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I'm pretty sure unvaccinated people on this Forum have had covid twice.
    I'm unvaccinated and haven't had the beer flu. In 2020 in had a bronchial infection and last year I had walking pneumonia. I've been very lucky too because a majority of family and friends have had it.

***Edit......I'm also in the high risk group. Pre-diabetes, high blood pressure and a fat bastard.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm unvaccinated and haven't had the beer flu. In 2020 in had a bronchial infection and last year I had walking pneumonia. I've been very lucky too because a majority of family and friends have had it.
    You're pretty lucky.

My post was a response to one comment in the post above it.
    In no means am I pro-vax.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    They have us over a barrel.

I used to visit my brother and his family in Maine (Canadian border) regularly.

I cancelled flight reservations in late April of 2000. I haven't been back. Too much bullshit with restrictions and quarantines.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    It’s generally true.
    There are exceptions as you note

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Which viruses of any consequence have antibodies that fade? Covid of course and I know some might say the Influenza A virus but I believe the antibodies (Flu A) remain but the virus mutates to a point that the antibodies no longer are effective.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom