• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Agreed, dtrip - but I also can appreciate the sentiment of someone saying "Mexican-American". Do I agree w/the phraseology? No, but IMO that's something to be discussed in private, between friends.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Alamo Tactical has a lot of high end gear, some of the sales people are gear snobs, but so am I so I don't mind. The owner is a great guy, retired Marine. Their stuff is expensive but it's usually in line with the going rate. Some people don't like they put their guns on gunbroker but that's a free market, you know.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Thanks, how is Alamo tactical?

I give a thumbs up to Alamo Tactical as well. I've found them to be very helpful with questions I had on an AR build, and I am not in any way an expert on AR's, but they took their time and help me out even though I wasn't even purchasing anything at the time.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Thanks everyone for the welcome.

And I did resort to PMs in order to reduce drama on the board, apparently some have an issue with that. I'm done explaining my self to anyone.

I do look forward to meeting you all and learning what I can. Thanks again.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Having spent much of my life around both Mexican-Americans and Mexicans; let me give some background. Prior to the mid-1970's, many areas of Texas exercised a serious system of discrimination against Mexican-Americans. This varied by City, or even neighborhood; but was strange and brutal. For instance, when I first lived in Corpus Christi in the 1960's, "Latins" were barred from living in certain neighborhoods, even from renting there. This was taken to ridiculous levels in some places; for instance, in Harlingen, 88% "Latin", there were restaurants which refused to seat or serve Latins, excluding 90% of potential customers, including the area's two wealthiest and best-educated families. People ask me how to tell the difference between Mexicans and Mexican-Americans; this is what I tell them: 1) Speak to them, all Mexican Americans speak Texas-English; 2) look at their footwear, M-A's wear the same type shoes or boots as other Texans; or 3), Wave a greeting to them, M-A's will usually return a stranger's greeting like other Texans. Remember that Mexican-American's Grandfathers were at Beallieu wood, the Battle of the Bulge, & iwo Jima. They drive Fords, Chevys, & Toyotas. They wear Levis & Cabela's fishing shirts. They eat What-a-Burgers and drink Coors or Bud. They are Cowboys & Texans fans. They pay taxes to our IRS and serve in the USMC, USAF, etc. But, after the Battle of San Jacinto 180 years ago, most Mexican-Americans were driven from Texas, including the famous & iconic Colonel Juan Seguin, who fought valiantly FOR Texan independence in the 1836-37 Revolution. Some bitterness may still linger and is understandable. And, for my Mexican-American friends; Just how would you like being called "Coon Ass" by everyone, when not actually being either "Cajun" or "Coon Ass"? And, while on the subject, "Mexican" is a nationality, not a RACE; Mexicans come in many races, including my 6'5" pure Mandarin Chinese Mexican native Doctor Buddy, Ray, at Rancho Viejo. Go to the Alamo and read the names of the Martyrs on the wall, see that very few were from TEXAS. We are all Americans ! And, maybe Texans, too. So, I say to just forget all this and let's all try to get-along.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Thanks everyone for the welcome.

And I did resort to PMs in order to reduce drama on the board, apparently some have an issue with that. I'm done explaining my self to anyone.

I do look forward to meeting you all and learning what I can. Thanks again.

Some will "take issue" with just about anything anyone posts.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Tamales for everyone!
    Well everyone that likes Mexicans that is

I'm in, grew up here in south Texas so this is normal. Also thought I already said it but guess not, welcome to the forum also sorry your car wasn't a submarine and you had to miss out on the range day.

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    welcome and first off that's awesome that as a new to guns person you found us and want to learn.....+1!
    and nothing like learning and possibly meeting a fellow shooter here in Texas is that great or what....yeah....so enjoy and axe yo questions.....I'm learning as well.....so I'm wit you.....

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Yup....welcome ......I think it's great...we should never forget about our family's heritage and culture...if you believe in the Constitution I believe you are American regardless where you were born.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone. This site has been great so far, and just about everyone has been very helpful. I've even been able to get direct answers to random questions. I really am grateful that you guys have taken the time to help me out.

I have been learning slowly but surely, my wife already thinks I have a problem with buying gun stuff so I must be off to a good start.

Top Bottom