• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    Hello there, my name is John first time posting on this forum. I had been a forum member on K5 Blazer forum...but I ended up selling the Blazer for more guns!, and to do work on my Hunting property.

Just purchased a new Rock River Arms LAR 47 X-1. Awesome rifle. Have about 8 rifles and pellet guns at this time.

Interested in getting into reloading, prepping a little, and some other interesting stuff.

Love hunting hog, deer, and turkey. Love saltwater fishing for tuna!
    20170911_221542.jpg
    20170911_221758.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Hey John, welcome from your neighbor! I'm down in the Copperfield area near Longenbaugh and Barker Cypress. I used to have a K5 many moons ago; It was a fun ride!
    Josh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    Thanks Josh,
    Always good to hear from someone pretty close. I'm assuming you head out to the Hot wells range since it is not under water any more.
    I also heard that Bayou rifles range is about 18 foot deep in flood water at the range, that is unfortunate for those members.

K5's are great ( they go good with guns too!)...I'm going to buy another one one day. This time I learned my lesson to buy a completed one for much cheaper...lol. I spent way to much fixing this last one up.
    tapatalk_1457674093624.jpeg
    tapatalk_1457674074161.jpeg
    tapatalk_1457674110772.jpeg
    tapatalk_1457674110772.jpeg

Last edited:

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Thanks Josh,
    Always good to hear from someone pretty close. I'm assuming you head out to the Hot wells range since it is not under water any more.
    I also heard that Bayou rifles range is about 18 foot deep in flood water at the range, that is unfortunate for those members.

K5's are great ( they go good with guns too!)...I'm going to buy another one one day. This time I learned my lesson to buy a completed one for much cheaper...lol. I spent way to much fixing this last one up.

I do go to Hot Wells to shoot rifles... Can't beat the price, although I have to admit I haven't been there since they replaced all the benches after the tax day floods of last year.
    I usually go to Shiloh for pistols; They're much more flexible on letting you do rapid fire / drills. Seems every time I go to Hot Wells for pistol, I have the RO's warning me that I have to allow a full 2 seconds between shots. Plus in the summertime, it's nice to not be drenched in sweat all the time! :)

Yeah, i dumped a fair amount of $$ into my K5 as well, but as a cash-strapped youngster when the tranny finally let go I ended up getting rid of it. I got a Wrangler now and once again it is amazing how quickly the costs add up when you start customizing it!

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I do go to Hot Wells to shoot rifles... Can't beat the price, although I have to admit I haven't been there since they replaced all the benches after the tax day floods of last year.
    I usually go to Shiloh for pistols; They're much more flexible on letting you do rapid fire / drills. Seems every time I go to Hot Wells for pistol, I have the RO's warning me that I have to allow a full 2 seconds between shots. Plus in the summertime, it's nice to not be drenched in sweat all the time! :)

Yeah, i dumped a fair amount of $$ into my K5 as well, but as a cash-strapped youngster when the tranny finally let go I ended up getting rid of it. I got a Wrangler now and once again it is amazing how quickly the costs add up when you start customizing it!
    Go to Shiloh indoor range. You can definitely rapid fire, and they support IDPA/USPSA on Thursday night.

Top Bottom