• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Making that right requires someone who cares. Nice going!

I'll share a similar story.......
    I was eating a breakfast sandwich at the Arches, when I saw a pickup truck pull into a space, open the drivers side door and dump out a medium sized dog. The truck drove off.

A man sitting near me asked if I knew anything about a dog outside. I replied that I just saw someone dump the dog out of a truck. Without another word, he got up and put that homeless dog in his truck. That poor dog was homeless for about 2 minutes!

Sometimes, things work out just right!

Flash
    ARJ Defense ad

mardad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Nacogdoches
    Good on you jrb, and good on the gal that took the "friend". Dogs seem to have a stronger "grateful enzyme" than humans. That dog will be a loyal, grateful, best buddy forever!!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Update on the dog.
    His name is officially Blister. I had to have a name for the paperwork and medication at the pharmacy and it seemed to fit. New owner decided to keep it.
    He is doing better. After another visit to the vet and more medications, he is moving around more, even tried to hump a female. He is playing with her puppies and they follow him everywhere. Chew on his tail and climb on him and he takes it really well. Has no tried to even snap at either one of them.
    The last time she took him in they sedated and sheared him to see just how bad the wounds where. Worse than we thought, but he is doing better. Turns out he is about 4-5 years old. He is expected to make a full recovery. But it won't be cheap or quick. The last vet bill was over $500. With more to come.
    In addition to the first day and medications, I gave her some money to get his shots and get chipped. He is looking better though. She said out of 4 dogs, he is the best behaved.

If anyone is still of a mind to help with any care for Blister, please let me know. We did not expect it to be that much and she could really use the help with his vet bills. If you will PM me, I will get you in touch with her.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Pics of Blister. These are the worst ones.
    8f98e4f316d77c4e254d84c6cb728013.jpg
    ed765b03999fca6025f5bcfa6a504405.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Update on the dog.
    His name is officially Blister. I had to have a name for the paperwork and medication at the pharmacy and it seemed to fit. New owner decided to keep it.
    He is doing better. After another visit to the vet and more medications, he is moving around more, even tried to hump a female. He is playing with her puppies and they follow him everywhere. Chew on his tail and climb on him and he takes it really well. Has no tried to even snap at either one of them.
    The last time she took him in they sedated and sheared him to see just how bad the wounds where. Worse than we thought, but he is doing better. Turns out he is about 4-5 years old. He is expected to make a full recovery. But it won't be cheap or quick. The last vet bill was over $500. With more to come.
    In addition to the first day and medications, I gave her some money to get his shots and get chipped. He is looking better though. She said out of 4 dogs, he is the best behaved.

If anyone is still of a mind to help with any care for Blister, please let me know. We did not expect it to be that much and she could really use the help with his vet bills. If you will PM me, I will get you in touch with her.

PM sent.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Got it Cam. I will talk to her today and figure out the easiest way to get it to her. If nothing else, I will set up a paypal or a gofundme page.

I usually don't get up until 11am and go to work at 1pm. I should see her today.

Top Bottom