• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I wonder if they will let you draw from holster and rapid fire. The private lanes sound nice... I'd like to know what they'll be charging folks. If I'm still working downtown when it's built, I can see myself spending lunch there every now and then.

dmessy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Nice! I bet it'll be rather pricey daily and can imagine what the membership costs may be seeing as how it is inside COA limits. Time will tell...staying tuned

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    I'm interested, but the attitude of ro's & range rules could easily be deal breaker's.

I really hope they get it right. I'd love an indoor draw from holster option, even if there was a qualification test requirement.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    “The concept for The Range is unlike any shooting and firearms retail experience in the Austin market and exceeds the standards currently in place at other competitive luxury facilities..."
    Folks, that is liberal code for "we hate guns in the hands of common people, so we have a high priced venue where we shoot the guns we don't want the little people to own."

Be well.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm curious how they're going to manage to get this approved by the Communist Austin City Council committee that seems to be involved in zoning for businesses like this. It's my understanding that they absolutely do not sign off on any more ranges in Austin, with Red's South being grandfathered in back in the 90's....despite the fact that I believe their refusal to approve zoning is probably a violation of state preemption in some manner or another. I'm not a lawyer, so don't quote me.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'm curious how they're going to manage to get this approved by the Communist Austin City Council committee that seems to be involved in zoning for businesses like this. It's my understanding that they absolutely do not sign off on any more ranges in Austin, with Red's South being grandfathered in back in the 90's....despite the fact that I believe their refusal to approve zoning is probably a violation of state preemption in some manner or another. I'm not a lawyer, so don't quote me.
    I am not sure where the city limits are but south of William Cannon seems like it may be just outside the line. I am not sure though.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Nice! I bet it'll be rather pricey daily and can imagine what the membership costs may be seeing as how it is inside COA limits. Time will tell...staying tuned

It's actually not. The entrance to the driveway is - the building is in the county, as they city only annexed a few yards off the service road at that point.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_21_at_11_37_41_PM.jpg

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    “The concept for The Range is unlike any shooting and firearms retail experience in the Austin market and exceeds the standards currently in place at other competitive luxury facilities..."
    Folks, that is liberal code for "we hate guns in the hands of common people, so we have a high priced venue where we shoot the guns we don't want the little people to own."

Be well.

No, that's Free Market speak for "there are rich folks in Austin who also have guns but would never go to a real range, so we'll cater to them, put some glitz and gloss up, and charge them out the ass."

See Frisco for more information.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    No, that's Free Market speak for "there are rich folks in Austin who also have guns but would never go to a real range, so we'll cater to them, put some glitz and gloss up, and charge them out the ass."

See Frisco for more information.

Indeed. They have one or two ranges in Houston like that.
    I'm actually down with a high end range's amenities that are actually related to shooting. A cigar bar, restaurant etc...no don't like that. I'd be concenred the crowd being drawn would lean heavily into "noobs with attitude."

Now the idea of a camera you can see yourself shooting-if you could download it for you and you alone that would be good on the pistol side, to see how stance etc actually is vs. how you think you are.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Athena in Houston is an example of the luxury concept. I haven't heard from people in Houston that it it uppity or snobbish. It is a welcome addition I think, another option in south austin

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Got this today in email.

474f22f1-3605-40bf-a407-e8c294f92f9c.png
    bdf1713c-f672-49bf-bf8e-de72cb8a3217.png
    Copyright © 2015 The Range at Austin, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
    The Range at Austin8503 SIH35
    Austin, TX 78745

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    What's won't with the prices? 40 bucks a month? Go once a week and it costs you $10 a session. Shoot for an hour or two, that's cheaper than a movie. Air conditioned, no worries about rain, not getting pelted by brass, deal.

trentward86

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 10, 2015
    Austin, TX
    What's won't with the prices? 40 bucks a month? Go once a week and it costs you $10 a session. Shoot for an hour or two, that's cheaper than a movie. Air conditioned, no worries about rain, not getting pelted by brass, deal.

You make a great point to the membership packages if they are around the same. Foot is effectively in mouth.

downrangethermal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2015
    More ranges is a good thing. These are popping up all over the country. The more money that is pumped into the industry the better IMHO.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom