• pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    OK, I've heard there will be 37 lanes.
    5 100 yard lanes and 32 25yd lanes.

Supposedly they'll be renting full auto stuff.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Holy fuckballs, Batman!

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 5.04.39 PM (2).jpg

There's no discussion whatsoever as to what that actually entails.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Just wow. $6000 to join and $3000 per year. If I was a betting man I would wager that there is not that much interest in a place to shoot for those prices.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My guess is they are playing to the F1 crowd that comes in once a year. They spend a ton of off time at LSGR, and someone thinks that they can offer something a little more exclusive. I wish them well, but I doubt it will impact any other range in the area at all.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    My guess is they are playing to the F1 crowd that comes in once a year. They spend a ton of off time at LSGR, and someone thinks that they can offer something a little more exclusive. I wish them well, but I doubt it will impact any other range in the area at all.

Agreed-thats clearly their target.
    Of course with the F1 in trouble and potentially gone within two years they might have miscalculated slightly. . .

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    F1 might not be coming back so I hope that their business model isnt depending on F1
    F1 is coming back in 2016 according to Bernie Ecclestone. If he says so, it will.

But yeah, this new gun range is either gonna go belly up or start having Blue Light Specials to attract the average shooters. IMO, most shooters who could afford their fanciful prices probably have their own shooting ranges "out at the ranch".

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Ok lets assume someone is wealthy enough such that that pricing model is acceptable.

Why? What is the compelling worth of a shooting place that makes $6,000 memberships attractive. I am not touching the corporate. I don't see that as a go in today's PC world, but I have been wrong before.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Why? May be because you have the money and don't want a packed range full of guys sweeping you nor the maintenance of owning your own.

Not for me but I could see it.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Why? May be because you have the money and don't want a packed range full of guys sweeping you nor the maintenance of owning your own.

Not for me but I could see it.

I can see a private range MH and agree. I just can't see that kind of cash expenditure, especially when ARC is just down the road. ARC is what $200 a year? I think PSC in Houston is similarly priced.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I can see a private range MH and agree. I just can't see that kind of cash expenditure, especially when ARC is just down the road. ARC is what $200 a year.

$140, I believe. And it's not "right down the road" but it's not far. And not indoors. And no gun store. And no cafe, so no lattes. And no couches. And regular folks with regular guns who can actually hit targets consistently.

Top Bottom