Gun Zone Deals

New member into shooting sports and knife collecting!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    oh nice, you made the sheath?

Yep. After I forged the knife.

In the forge.jpg Shaped.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    haha, wow very impressive. I actually made a first comment about making the knife that I deleted after relooking at the picture and seeing the stamp on the blade. Great job. One of these days would like to try my hand at forging as well.

I've got a knifesmithing thread elsewhere, though. I shouldn't hijack your intro. Stick around, get to know folks, it's a great place to be. And I highly recommend getting into smithing. I spent three years making coat hooks and letter openers (and I still make those) before stepping up to forging functional blades. My initial cost to get a propane forge, a small anvil, a grinder, a couple of hammers and some basic tongs was less than $500.

As for the stamp...

Coyote.jpg
    That's me.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thank you, that can be a good spot to be having a few nice ones that serve well as tools. Collecting or pursuing the "perfect for you" knife as it started for me, is a slippery slope.
    Except for a Damascus Bowie that I hung up in my gun shed, that's exactly what they are, different knives for different uses.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Very nice. I see your from Lake Conroe. Are you on the Lake hopefully you weren't affected by how high they raised the lake levels last week with all the rain.
    We stayed dry, thanks for asking. Lake Conroe went down to the gun range, though....

I was at Blackwood range yesterday. When I went by the Bonnie and Clyde bridge, it was half in the water, when I came off the range 4 hours later, bridge was gone. Here is range:
    rifle range.jpg

pistol range.jpeg

tsuperflash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Spring
    We stayed dry, thanks for asking. Lake Conroe went down to the gun range, though....

I was at Blackwood range yesterday. When I went by the Bonnie and Clyde bridge, it was half in the water, when I came off the range 4 hours later, bridge was gone. Here is range:
    View attachment 430149

View attachment 430148
    oh dang, I was just out at Blackwood a couple weeks ago before all the rain. I imagine much of the sporting clays course must have been underwater too then. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015

"into shooting sports and knife collecting"​

Well, you may just be in the right place!
    Welcome from Bastrop Tx!

Top Bottom