• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    I worked this show this weekend with Ranger Firearms, while it was a small start, Kim, the show's promoter is Very passionate about making this show a mainstay, she OWNS the Event center, meaning she doesn't have to answer to the prices of the County like the Premiere shows do over at Freeman, and SHE IS looking to reach out to Gun Communities to help support the show. This show has a chance to get the Vendors that are passed over by SAXET since they are content with having the same old farts selling the same old crap that doesn't move, along with all the damn doo-dads they have in that show (Motor Oil, Lightsabers, Remote Control Helicopters, Quilts and deformed mannequin torsos that light up and spit water (I shit you not, that was there at one show)). I did tell Kim about this forum and she's planning on joining here and is hoping to get feedback from those of us that support our Local shows, so give the Lady a chance and some feedback on what you want to see in a show and don't hit the ground running being a Damn Negative Nancy (Mike AKA MajorMadmax). She has talked about possibly making part of the event center an indoor range or renting one of those 18 Wheeler trucks that carries an indoor range on the trailer and she has the means and resources to make that happen.

Again, she OWNS that Center and she has done some renovating and will be doing more, so the shows will be there and she is open to feedback or ideas on what you wish to see at a Gun show. On the way out however I did hear one Vendor grumbling that he didn't sell anything, he had Doo-dads. We on other hand sold some Guns and we will be back in October for their next show.

Things got to start somewhere, don't be too quick to be close minded and snuff out the spark before the fire can grow.

Laterz

- J

Last edited:

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    I went...seemed kinda sparse...took only 10-15 minutes to see everything, and I mean everything.

It was a small show, but it was the first one. The next few shows will tell what is going to happen long term. We actually did a fair amount of business there and will return. The facility itself is very well lit, showed professionalism, had good security and has room for growth. If the place gets filled up with vendors it will be a very good show.

I think the promoters need to cut vendors some deals to get them in now because if you fill the hall with vendors then it will attract the people. If the promoters sold tables for $20 the next show and then gradually increased the prices of the tables $10 each show after that it would be a draw for vendors because their cost is so low. Just don't let too many non-guy tables into a show. People go to a gun show for guns. I know promoters want to fill the tables all the time and so they let non-gun stuff in from time to time. The problem is that if people see too much non-gun stuff then they will think the show is just a flea market with one gun vendor. I would rather visit a gun show with two vendors by themselves then a flea market full of non-gun tables and two gun vendors buried somewhere in them. I also think the extended hours need to change. Adding an extra hour onto the end of the day did nothing (9-6 instead of 9-5, and 10-5 instead of 10-4). By 4:30 pm on Sunday most vendors had been packing for a while and no one came in.

My two cents.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Was Great working next to the Runner Runner guys and I agree with you on offering a deal for actual gun vendors, I think it would indeed attract vendors in there that sell guns and thin out the Effing Doo-Dad sellers, that one Dude that had Doo-dads was a bit ticked in the parking lot, but hey, he had crap to sell, who wants to buy crap?

As for the hours I think Kim said she was going to have the hours change and do 9 - 5 on Saturday and 10 - 4 on Sunday, she knows the show does compete with some of the Football games that are on, so she's even thinking of having some huge TV's playing the game so people can tune in while they wait on their background check for a purchase.

I also agree on the Security there, they were professional and all around Good guys to talk to.

Again, this is a New show and hopefully more vendors and patrons will welcome this Gun show, I have worked quite a few all around this Great State and being at ground level of this new one with a promoter that's open to feedback on helping this show thrive is a Good thing.

It was a small show, but it was the first one. The next few shows will tell what is going to happen long term. We actually did a fair amount of business there and will return. The facility itself is very well lit, showed professionalism, had good security and has room for growth. If the place gets filled up with vendors it will be a very good show.

I think the promoters need to cut vendors some deals to get them in now because if you fill the hall with vendors then it will attract the people. If the promoters sold tables for $20 the next show and then gradually increased the prices of the tables $10 each show after that it would be a draw for vendors because their cost is so low. Just don't let too many non-guy tables into a show. People go to a gun show for guns. I know promoters want to fill the tables all the time and so they let non-gun stuff in from time to time. The problem is that if people see too much non-gun stuff then they will think the show is just a flea market with one gun vendor. I would rather visit a gun show with two vendors by themselves then a flea market full of non-gun tables and two gun vendors buried somewhere in them. I also think the extended hours need to change. Adding an extra hour onto the end of the day did nothing (9-6 instead of 9-5, and 10-5 instead of 10-4). By 4:30 pm on Sunday most vendors had been packing for a while and no one came in.

My two cents.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia

My two cents.

Good to know - will check it out again next time - thanks.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Great, I'm looking forward to going. I really don't care if a show is big or small because its something that my oldest sons and I enjoying spending time together doing.

Top Bottom