Hurley's Gold

New Poll - Hahahahaha..... I ain't lyin'!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Few things did Thomas Jefferson get wrong!
    quote-games-played-with-the-ball-and-others-of-that-nature-are-too-violent-for-the-body-and-th...jpg
    Guns International

TexasDude

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    I got rid of cable and now stream. Went from $160 something a month to $10.00 a month, and I get more channels and movies than I ever did with cable + netflix. Wish I had done this long ago. And as for football, they went in the toilet way back when free agency was instituted. Now they're piling this political BS on top of it. Bunch of spoiled rich cry baby jocks.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    That Marist polling company is worthless - obviously a Leftist shill. I saw a poll from them the other day where they had partnered with NPR and were announcing that Biden had opened up a wide gap, leading Trump in several "battleground" states. I took special note of that name, Marist, because I couldn't believe even NPR would lend their name to such an outrageous claim. It was referred to as the NPR/Marist poll.

Polling companies live and die by how accurate they are - at least historically. Nowadays, polling companies are just paid propagandist. And Marist is most certainly just propagandist!

You can see evidence everyday of the effects of Obummers getting rid of the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948. Never thought about it involving sports but can see why the MSM needed it.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    The poll, link posted below, states that the decline in sports viewers and the massive drop in television rating are: Not due to political activism by the players on the field. That article is followed by one that states definitively that the earth is not round.

The activism is really all for the liberals and might as well be a wing of the democrat party even though its "non partisn" people are sick of it. I have issue with a thug making millions htat barely got out of college complaining about how racist a nation is that he is a millionaire in.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    You can see evidence everyday of the effects of Obummers getting rid of the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948. Never thought about it involving sports but can see why the MSM needed it.
    I wonder how many people know what you are referring to. I do.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    So, whether the game is watched, or not, they still get money?
    They typically are shown on local channels.
    I'm not going to exclude them just because of the NFL.
    The viewership portion comes into selling commercials. I think the way it works is that the channel bids on carrying the game (or the season). They anticipate selling commercials. What they can sell commercials for is based on viewership. So, in the short term, not watching the games is really only hurting the tv channel (FoxSports, NBCSports, etc). They don't get a return on their investment if the sponsors are pulling commercials or saying "I'm not paying $100k for that spot when only 1mm people are watching instead of the 5mm you projected".

Now, if that's because of politics and there's a feeling that people won't watch next year, then the league can't sell the season for as much to the network the next year. Next year FoxSports says F-THAT, we don't want it! And ESPN2 picks it up for half price...or whatever.

I think that's how it works and how you not watching eventually hits them in the wallet.

That and not buying merchandise. Don't buy the jerseys and logoed stuff and that really hits them.

don't go to the games and the concessioniers are hurt the worst I think. But then the park doesn't get their money either and they don't pay the teams as much to play there. Something like that. Or the teams don't get the money from the tickets and can't pay "the rent" at the stadium.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    That Marist polling company is worthless - obviously a Leftist shill. I saw a poll from them the other day where they had partnered with NPR and were announcing that Biden had opened up a wide gap, leading Trump in several "battleground" states. I took special note of that name, Marist, because I couldn't believe even NPR would lend their name to such an outrageous claim. It was referred to as the NPR/Marist poll.

Polling companies live and die by how accurate they are - at least historically. Nowadays, polling companies are just paid propagandist. And Marist is most certainly just propagandist!
    The Marist Poll has been well respected across the board from what I have heard over many years. Them saying Biden leads Trump by 11 points could be the best thing for Trump. It hopefully will have the effect of getting arsehats, who believe Trump cannot lose, off their butts and to the polling places to vote for him. Those who think Trump cannot lose and thus who will not vote are the most dangerous people in this country right now and if the Marist Poll lights a fire under their behinds - good for Trump. Only they can make him lose by them not voting.

Top Bottom