• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ataim0002

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Frisco Gun Club and Academy recently received SBA approval for an indoor range in Frisco, TX. At the corner of John W. Elliott Drive & All Stars Avenue (no address yet as ground hasn't been broken). "Shooting" for a 4th quarter 2012 opening. The range will initially have 22 lanes open to the public and 6 exclusive lanes for the High Caliber Program with plans to expand to 40 public lanes. Annual and High Caliber Memberships are for sale now with High Caliber memberships deeply discounted before opening. The High Caliber memberships will have a true country club feel.

Go check it out at Frisco Gun Club And Academy.

If you are interested in regular memberships or high caliber, let me know. I can be reached at erich@friscogun.com.
    Military Camp

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    It's about time a good range opens up in Frisco. I lived there for 6 years and it sure would have been nice to have a decent range nearby. Hope you enjoy it.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    According to the brocherus on the right side of the page. 5k during construction, 7.5k grand opening, and 10k after opening

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I think they will sell them because that area has some money.

But my concerns are around the quality of the offerings and how long they will be there. As I understand they are affiliated with DFW gun range and that place is not exactly the most prestigious range. Although I don't think it intends to be as nice as this one, I wonder about sustaniabilty

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    DFW Gun has been around since he mid 90s. The owner of DFW is opening this range. His business plan, financing and range plans are solid. This is going to be a premier facility.

It will be interesting.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I wish there was a facility around here that was setup for tactical shooters, not just straight range target practice.

The best range I went to at home back in KS had lanes on the top floor and in the basement had two opwn shooting ranges with no walls or barriers. Down there we shot IDPA, the range could be rented out by the hour for members and you could setup your own targets and what not.

To me shooting on the square range is boring and worthless anymore..

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Elm Fork and DFW gun range both have IPDA, USPSA, and other tac style matches.

They don't go all out because of the facility but they do involvement movement.

Ataim0002

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    A summary of the memberships are as follows:

Silver Memberships
    - $220/year ($275/year for Family)
    Entitles you to reduced range fees and Member discounts on products and services.

Gold Memberships
    - $350/year ($395/year for Family)
    Entitles you to free use of the range and Member level discounts on products and services.

High Caliber Memberships -
    5K/During Construction (Non-Transferable); 7.5K/During Construction/Opening (Transferable); 10K After Opening (Transferable) and $200/month (Only 400 High Caliber Memberships will be sold to the public)

Free use, when fully expanded, of 46 state-of-the-art, air conditioned and heated, indoor shooting lanes. This includes six shooting lanes exclusive to High Caliber Members.

Priority range entry - High Caliber Members always get the next available lane and can even reserve private lanes in advance, subject to availability.

(1) Free target with each visit.

Private Locker Rooms & Showers.

Private lounge with attendant and complimentary food and beverages.

Free use of Conference Room / business center (subject to availability & reservations).

Free firearm storage for up to 6 guns at one time.

Free private lessons up to 5 hours per year.

Free Firearm Rentals (including NFA firearms).

Free mini-clean for firearms used at the range.
    No FFL transfer fees.

Free Machine Gun rental on your Birthday with 2 magazines and a target.

2 Unique Guests per member visit.

20 Guest Passes per year which entitle Guests to full use of the private range and lounge for the day while accompanied by High Caliber Member.

Free firearms safety check for two guns per year.

Free use of Eye and Ear protection on the range.

Reduced Rates for training courses, firearms storage, and ammunition.

5% Discount on Firearms and Ammunition

10% Discount on training courses

Members Only Sales.

Transferable membership available (subject to approval and a $300 administrative fee. If requested, we will assist the member in locating a buyer and if successful in obtaining a buyer there is an additional $300 fee)

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Cool... All items listed as "free" are not free as much as "included" in the cost of membership. At 5k, 7k, and 10k. They are a long way from "free".. But I digress...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    DFW Gun has been around since he mid 90s. The owner of DFW is opening this range. His business plan, financing and range plans are solid. This is going to be a premier facility.

It will be interesting.

Well hopefully he will not get into an argument and shoot his brother, like that other "premier" range in Roanoke that never made it to the light of day.

Memory fails, but something like that...

Will be interesting to see an upscale gun range.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    so i filled out the form on that website - where you indicate interest in a membership

the guy called me today - was very nice - thanked me for my interest and asked if he could keep me on his contact list for a time closer to when the facility is supposed to be open

i asked about long gun facilities and it seems like its going to be a 45 yrd indoor range....primarily a pistol place

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well hopefully he will not get into an argument and shoot his brother, like that other "premier" range in Roanoke that never made it to the light of day.

Memory fails, but something like that...

Will be interesting to see an upscale gun range.
    I remember that!

Jim is good people. I have known him for nearly a decade.

Ataim0002

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    i asked about long gun facilities and it seems like its going to be a 45 yrd indoor range....primarily a pistol place

They are 25 yard lanes not 45. Quickly expanding to 46 lanes but all are still at 25 yards. Pistol, Carbine, Shotgun and Full Auto are all good.

At a 100 yards, you should be outside.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    They are 25 yard lanes not 45. Quickly expanding to 46 lanes but all are still at 25 yards. Pistol, Carbine, Shotgun and Full Auto are all good.

At a 100 yards, you should be outside.

Start to sound like you work for them....

I hope this goes well. It looks like a nice facility.

Top Bottom