Guns International

New SF Poser; where do these fools come from?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    here ya go YET AGAIN sticking up for even another worthless piece of sh_t!! i guess the list of JACKA$$E$ is endless THAT YOU'LL DIVE ON A GRENADE FOR!!!

I have no idea what you're going on about on this post with this post, Skeeter, but I think that perhaps only Texas1911 and maybe one or two other people on this forum have any idea what I mean when I say "Rules 1 and 2". Take my word on that one. ;)
    Venture Surplus ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I have no idea what you're going on about on this post with this post, Skeeter, but I think that perhaps only Texas1911 and maybe one or two other people on this forum have any idea what I mean when I say "Rules 1 and 2". Take my word on that one. ;)

I get it, I'm hip, I'm cool, I'm L33Tz. LOL = laugh out loud. OMG = oh my gosh. WTF = what the face...

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Ira Hays always said that he was no hero but that the men who died on Iwo were the heroes !! I can't understand why the wannabees want to claim they served here and there in battle and were this and that special branch of the US Mitary....Inferior complex syndrome I guess. Audie Murphy was a real hero, saw him at Fort Polk, LA in '49 or '50 when he was in the National guard down there for the summer deals the Texas Guard was sent to for training. You couldn't get within 50 feet of him because he was always surrounded by Lts. asking him questions and such. It was very noticable that he had suffered a serious back injury from his war wounds, this was not evident in his movies somehow. He seemed very personable and quite speaking but not a show off....Areal hero...
    not

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Ira Hays always said that he was no hero but that the men who died on Iwo were the heroes !! I can't understand why the wannabees want to claim they served here and there in battle and were this and that special branch of the US Mitary....Inferior complex syndrome I guess. Audie Murphy was a real hero, saw him at Fort Polk, LA in '49 or '50 when he was in the National guard down there for the summer deals the Texas Guard was sent to for training. You couldn't get within 50 feet of him because he was always surrounded by Lts. asking him questions and such. It was very noticable that he had suffered a serious back injury from his war wounds, this was not evident in his movies somehow. He seemed very personable and quite speaking but not a show off....Areal hero...
    not
    An interesting take...

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    According to my brother (Army 2nd Lt) you can tell the guys that never served bc they are the only ones wearing ACUs on Saturday in public.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Negative, skeeter. Those are rules 1 and 2 of the Internet. ;)

@Cody - Where the HECK have you been? I don't think I've seen a post from you in quite some time. :O

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Negative, skeeter. Those are rules 1 and 2 of the Internet. ;)

@Cody - Where the HECK have you been? I don't think I've seen a post from you in quite some time. :O

On vacation far from civilization last week. Other than that, I've been around, just trying not to poke at the weirdos too much.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Personally ... I think those tabs should be regulated, and not just by the Theft of Valor Act.

To a point. A friend of mine put a bunch of his old tabs and such on his youngest son's jacket for kicks. The kid thinks it's cool.

But it's not like many people are going to think a 10 year old is actually triple canopy... :p

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    To a point. A friend of mine put a bunch of his old tabs and such on his youngest son's jacket for kicks. The kid thinks it's cool.

But it's not like many people are going to think a 10 year old is actually triple canopy... :p

Yeah, kids living the dream is one thing ... but adults parading around like they earned it is another.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's fun to ask them what their MOS is / was. I have lost count of the response "Huh" I have received.
    I used to be in the AF. I remember one time the fact that I was in the military came up (we were all in civilian clothes at a party) and this Army guy asked what my MOS was. "My what?" was my reply. He then started accusing me of not really being in the military. He wouldn't shut up till I actually showed him my ID. Now if he had asked me what my AFSC was, it would have been a different story. At least from then on I knew what MOS meant, lol...

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I used to be in the AF. I remember one time the fact that I was in the military came up (we were all in civilian clothes at a party) and this Army guy asked what my MOS was. "My what?" was my reply. He then started accusing me of not really being in the military. He wouldn't shut up till I actually showed him my ID. Now if he had asked me what my AFSC was, it would have been a different story. At least from then on I knew what MOS meant, lol...

Yeah, I had to go through that recently over at the VA hospital. The form I was filling out asked what my MOS was and I left it blank. The girl looked over the form and asked me why I left it blank. I told her I didn't have a MOS...she looked at me real hard until I told her that the Navy does not have a MOS, it is a NEC...and I couldn't remember what mine was but it was on the DD-214 I had handed her earlier. You'd think that folks who are dealing with veterans from all branches of the service would KNOW that! Duh!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, I had to go through that recently over at the VA hospital. The form I was filling out asked what my MOS was and I left it blank. The girl looked over the form and asked me why I left it blank. I told her I didn't have a MOS...she looked at me real hard until I told her that the Navy does not have a MOS, it is a NEC...and I couldn't remember what mine was but it was on the DD-214 I had handed her earlier. You'd think that folks who are dealing with veterans from all branches of the service would KNOW that! Duh!

You don't know the VA that well.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Never heard of the NEC before but I never work with Navy guys. I think I've always known what a MOS is. Obviously I've known what an AFSC (Air Force Specialty Code) is.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom