• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I stopped by Monday at 5:30pm - long gone.....Looks like I'll never get to go in the store!!

Ever thought of calling first? It's a new "family-run" business that's trying to gain traction, give them a little leeway knowing that they spend every weekend at gun shows and try to keep the shop going during the week. Plus, the guy does have a family to consider, so I am willing to cut them a little slack as there is still the matter of living life to consider.

A simple call to (512) 826-9612 beforehand will save a wasted trip...

Cheers! M2

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Yea scott is always on the move, iffin i remember he is closed on mondays
    But check. Go check him out last time i was there
    He was hiring some help.

Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    Hey fellas, instead of bashing me - how's about you consider this:

If you're going to open a business and plan on actually selling something, and you even go as far to post your times for business - maybe you should actually be at the damned store! And besides several guys on here already stated what great items/prices/deals and what a good guy he was and we should check out the store........First time I went to Cabelas, I checked their website (like I did with BPA) and went during the specified times......Never called ahead.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

If you're going to open a business and plan on actually selling something, and you even go as far to post your times for business - maybe you should actually be at the damned store! And besides several guys on here already stated what great items/prices/deals and what a good guy he was and we should check out the store........First time I went to Cabelas, I checked their website (like I did with BPA) and went during the specified times......Never called ahead.

Really? Tell me - what are their "specified times?"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Wow, you're really comparing a small, family-owned gun store that just started up to national outdoor chain?!? Oddly enough, I don't remember seeing Cabelas at any local gun show I've been to, nor have I ever had anyone from that store offer their expertise on the AK. Nor does Cabelas carry any examples of or accessories for that rifle, whereas Bullit Proof is a toy store for those of us who love the Kalasnikov.

I understand a person's frustration when they show up at a business and it's closed, I've had it happen to me on several occasions; but given that I know the situation at Bullit Proof Arms and that I am usually more supportive of a gun shop over say something like a dry cleaners, I am willing to give them a little more latitude.

Honestly, a quick cell phone call is about the easiest thing you can do these days. Heck, you can even check their website if you have a phone from this century, so why is it so difficult to accept the recommendation of calling before driving out? I know Scott, I even know he's had shoulder surgery in the past year so it could be that he was at a medical appointment when you stopped by. He is trying to get a good gun store off the ground, and if anything he needs our support not our criticism over something so minor...

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    He will and has gotten all my business. Today i am going to pick
    Up my new tac i cant remember if he is open but if not
    Mon is fine he goes shooting with his wfe and kids.
    And doing family time. (gotta respect that) But during the week he
    Is always there, check his web site his # is on it
    His personal # just call him he is a very fine man
    He will not let you down. Come on baby just give him a chance.
    But if not you are missing out.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I can't say he gets "all" my business, but IIRC, I've bought 4-5 pistols from him over the past year. I've always found his price to be VERY competitive, and the service second to none. Can he be gone at odd hours? Sure - he's a new, start-up company with just himself and one other guy right now. A quick phone call will let me know if he's going to be there or not, and that's fine with me. Those that demand "in-stone" store hours can visit Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's, etc - and pay their higher prices and suffer through the idiots at the counter. I like going in places that know, live and breath guns!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I don't have a dog in this race; but I'll throw in my two or three cents...Visiting the web-site, there are references to holiday hours, but not regular store hours. He'll update those soon, I reckon. The 'closed on Monday' thing caught me by surprise when I visited a couple of gun shops in north Austin and Cedar Park shortly after we moved here. I still have to remind myself if I'm out 'gun shopping' on a Monday. I don't know how small the store is, but a one or two-man operation could certainly have unusual hours. I don't think I would be too upset if I showed up during 'regular' hours(taking into account the 'closed on Monday' approach taken by some gun shops) UNLESS I had been told they would be there and weren't .

I wouldn't bust bluesman's chops for expecting the store to be open when he went by(again, that whole 'closed on Monday' thing rears its ugly head). After all, the shop presumably pays a bunch in rent and it's hard to sell when the doors are closed. On the other hand, given the circumstances, I don't think bluesman should write off the shop because of the one missed opportunity(again, UNLESS he was told they would be there...and that doesn't seem to be the case).

Sounds like the fellow is working hard and providing a good service. If I'm down that way, I'll be sure to stop by...NOT On Monday, however :) .

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Funny, as motorcycle shops are usually closed on Mondays as well. I believe it was because they would go racing on Sunday and since they were open on Saturday, Monday was their 'day of rest.'

I know of at least one big gun store here in SA (Powderhorn) that is also closed on Mondays, a Google search revealed Drury's is as well but Nagel's is open.

Still, for a smaller shop, I'd always call ahead to make sure they're open especially before driving any distance...

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 28, 2011
    Austin
    The guys Bullitproof Arms are top shelf good folk. Not that I've needed to, but I've always called or email before heading over, just like I would if I was going to my buddys house. They were closed for inventory just before the first and actually made time for me, letting me come out and pick up a transfer that just came in for me. That's service. And as a side note, **** Cabela's, they ain't good for anything but primers and powder(nice to avoid those hazmat fees). They are the shoddiest operation I've ever seen, their prices blow, and they quality of a vast majority of the merchandise they push is dismal. I do like taking the younglings to see the fish and animals though.

Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    Wow, what a bunch of friendly people here....My initial post was joking about not being able to go. I work 8-5 and even coming from San Marcos cannot get to his store before 5:30 at the earliest - which is what happened that day. There was no mention of being closed on Mondays, and the Inventory thing was the week before. There was only mention of going to a gun show that weekend.

Cabelas was an EXAMPLE.........I do not compare small business to monster stores like WalMart and Cabelas.

I head so many good things about his store and selection/prices I finally had a chance to stop by before the closing time of "6-ish". And my rant has nothing to do with him having family time or gun shows or the like. It is a small rant about posting hours and not being there during that time. And it's pretty sad if I have to call in an appointment to have a look around in his store that he has to "Make time" to be there for me to drop by. Not a good business strategy, if you ask me.

So thanks a ton for flaming me over my opinion.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Wow, what a bunch of friendly people here....
    So thanks a ton for flaming me over my opinion.

Many of us here consider Scott a friend - and certainly, many more of us have had him bend over backwards to meet OUR schedule. Want a little secret? If you CALLED him and talked with him, he's even known to STAY LATE for those who can't get there in time...so yeah, he WILL "make time" for his customers.

His website by its' very nature warns you that his store times are fluid - which is why he suggests that you call, because he doesn't want to inconvenience folks if he's not going to be there. But feel free to slam him...and us. Makes me no never-mind, because frankly I've been called worse by better!

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    is his place of business in a weird location where he is forced to "make business unavailable to general public" ? i know ffl's out of a house that have to do this and have to schedule hours.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No, it's just that he's pretty much a "one-man show", and as such he often has to close to go take care of things. Guess I'm just more laid-back with that sort of thing because I've got my own side business that can make scheduling a nightmare at times.....

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    im understanding as well, but if i know he has to schedule time, i call before and call while im on the road to make sure again. if they are a good shop otherwise, i really dont mind, unless im in need of ammo or a part fast.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Sorry bro no harm inteded stay here long enough and you
    Will be family to!! We just kinda take care of our own
    No harm no foul. I gotta wait untill tues so i can go get my
    New tac.

Top Bottom