• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Wow, what a bunch of friendly people here....My initial post was joking about not being able to go. I work 8-5 and even coming from San Marcos cannot get to his store before 5:30 at the earliest - which is what happened that day. There was no mention of being closed on Mondays, and the Inventory thing was the week before. There was only mention of going to a gun show that weekend.

Cabelas was an EXAMPLE.........I do not compare small business to monster stores like WalMart and Cabelas.

I head so many good things about his store and selection/prices I finally had a chance to stop by before the closing time of "6-ish". And my rant has nothing to do with him having family time or gun shows or the like. It is a small rant about posting hours and not being there during that time. And it's pretty sad if I have to call in an appointment to have a look around in his store that he has to "Make time" to be there for me to drop by. Not a good business strategy, if you ask me.

So thanks a ton for flaming me over my opinion.

But you consider it OK to flame a fledgling family-owned gun business? No one said you had to make an appointment, everyone is trying to explain that Scott has limited resources to run his small shop and that it would be a good idea to call first in case something is happening and he has to close.

I drive up all the way from San Antonio, and make the 30-second phone call beforehand to ensure my trip isn't a waste of time and gas; why is it so hard for you?

Perhaps you ought to understand that Scott has gone out of his way to help a lot of people on this forum, so maybe we're willing to cut him a little slack in his "business strategy" if he can't be open all the time. He's a family man and might not be able to spend every second of his day sitting in his shop just in case a customer shows up (you gotta admit, Buda ain't the most bustling place!), but I can guarantee you that if you call first he will damn sure be there when you arrive!

Plus, not only does he run the shop but he also attends gun shows most every weekend; not quite the 8-5 M-F schedule some people get to enjoy.

So sorry if everyone doesn't jump on your bandwagon in badmouthing a guy who is working hard to bring products and services to the local gun community. If you prefer a place like Cabela's because they're always open when you go by, and you don't have to call beforehand, then have fun with that. They don't cater to the kind of firearms and shooting I like, so I would rather support smaller businesses like Bullit Proof that does even if that does mean the huge inconvenience of a half-minute phone call before driving over an hour to get to the shop...

Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    But you consider it OK to flame a fledgling family-owned gun business? No one said you had to make an appointment, everyone is trying to explain that Scott has limited resources to run his small shop and that it would be a good idea to call first in case something is happening and he has to close.

I drive up all the way from San Antonio, and make the 30-second phone call beforehand to ensure my trip isn't a waste of time and gas; why is it so hard for you?

Perhaps you ought to understand that Scott has gone out of his way to help a lot of people on this forum, so maybe we're willing to cut him a little slack in his "business strategy" if he can't be open all the time. He's a family man and might not be able to spend every second of his day sitting in his shop just in case a customer shows up (you gotta admit, Buda ain't the most bustling place!), but I can guarantee you that if you call first he will damn sure be there when you arrive!

Plus, not only does he run the shop but he also attends gun shows most every weekend; not quite the 8-5 M-F schedule some people get to enjoy.

So sorry if everyone doesn't jump on your bandwagon in badmouthing a guy who is working hard to bring products and services to the local gun community. If you prefer a place like Cabela's because they're always open when you go by, and you don't have to call beforehand, then have fun with that. They don't cater to the kind of firearms and shooting I like, so I would rather support smaller businesses like Bullit Proof that does even if that does mean the huge inconvenience of a half-minute phone call before driving over an hour to get to the shop...

Ease up there, Hoss!

I never flamed him, I just wanted it known that I stopped by at 5:30pm on a Monday, and no one was home. And yes, it's called an appointment if you have to call first to make him standby for your arrival. I was testing the waters to see if others had a similar experience. I don't like that fact that he's super busy and I don't like the fact that I should have to stop and call for an appointment to come see him (but that's my damned opinion and I have a right to it!) Very sorry if this hurts ya'lls delicate sensibilities. But this guy has never helped me nor do I know him and thus cannot speak highly of him, only to say that my initial experience of going to his store was a bust.

Will I call in the future, maybe. It'd not likely I will ever be around his store at times that work for us both. Do I still want to check out his shit and see what he's got going on and maybe find a decent FFL contact - you bet.

I don't appreciate guys here jumping my shit for openly stating the facts and my opinion (on BPA store). And if you don't like it, who cares? It was a free country last I checked. Seems like everyone got their ass hairs up, so I'm sorry for that. Kinda makes me not want to post here anymore........

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No - you DID flame him. Then acted all butt-hurt when we spoke OUR minds, "hoss" - so stick yer 'pinion where the sun don't shine.

Now, read this next part carefully....ah'm gonna type it slow 'nuff that even YER pea-brain can understand it....

"C L O S E D M O N D A Y"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Great, I get to put another idiot on my 'Ignore' list.

Not surprisingly, many who have made that list soon get banned from this forum. It'll be interesting to see if another one gains that "distinction."

And my name isn't "Hoss," jackass!

Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    SN, thank you. At least someone on here is level headed.

I have NEVER had members of a forum turn to ravenous wolves and attack me over a simple post of frustration. You two guys have really shown what you believe in, and have escalated the tension and remarks to a sad place. I can't believe I'm this worked up over 2 people choosin to attack me on a forum.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I can't believe I'm this worked up over 2 people choosin to attack me on a forum.

butthurt_report_form.jpg

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Even though this thread is kinda like a free ad for the place, I'm not too crazy about seeing all this negativity mucking up the thread.

Bluesman001, Bullitproof is a really nice place! I seriously recommend you call Scott, tell him your work schedule, and ask if he would stay there late one day so you can check the place out. The worst he can tell you is "no". I'm pretty sure he'll be understanding, I mean - who hasn't worked a shitty schedule at one time or another.
    Second, there's people here who feel very strongly about the place and were fairly quick about jumping your shit. They don't know you! It's not personal! They're very passionate about a fellow gun nut who is starting up his own operation. Have you ever started a business before?

Please: cut the guy a little slack and brush off all the anger you gained in this thread. I'm not telling you, I'm asking you.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Everyone take a chill pill. TR, stop egging people on please. I don't want to have to lock this thread.

Scott is good people. He may not have the most convenient hours but, it is what it is. You either like it or you don't.

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Something to point out what Majormadmax said, closed on Mondays can be common for Gun shops as it is with this one. I know first hand cause I work from time to time with Scott. Being that he's been serving in our Military for many years and then doing his time and then some as a contractor, he is workin his butt off to get this store to where he wants it to be. The store phone is actually one of his cellphones so I highly recommend people calling cause it will be answered or your call returned if unanswered. And there have been times when I worked up there that I had someone call saying that they were coming in from out of town and may not make it close to our closing time and I have stayed open to accommodate them. Most of the time if he is not there, he will have someone working there, either myself, or someone else, unless there is a Gun Show taking place. The goal is to eventually have the shop still open while there is someone working the shows. The shop came about just this past May people, so it is growing.

I haven't been working up there as of late due to my permanent job taking a lot of my time, but it is always a good idea to call first before heading up there.

Hope everyone can relax, put the guns back on safe and let's all be cool now :)

Take Care TGT Friends

- J

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    He wont hire the brutha!!! J/k i cant be trusted with that many 1911s
    Went and got my tac on thurs he is back home
    Now. And the joint is jumping i had to wait . 50
    To check out. Good for him

Scouters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Hays
    It took me three times of showing up until they were actually open. The customer service is sub par and the prices are OK. I have seen many people get great customer service but I suppose I don't look like I'm worth the time/effort. I'm guessing the business will only do well if the good ol' boys keep coming or they act a bit friendlier.

P.S.
    I was carrying 1k around just trying to purchase a new piece each time they were closed during posted hours.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Seems to me like you're right - you need to find someplace else. Because whenever I'm in there, I'm treated well, and the pricing is VERY reasonable.

1k, eh? No wonder - most places ain't interested in pocket change like that......

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Seems to me like you're right - you need to find someplace else. Because whenever I'm in there, I'm treated well, and the pricing is VERY reasonable.

1k, eh? No wonder - most places ain't interested in pocket change like that......

if you dont like the service, you can always find another.

as far as the part in bold, any amount of money brought into a shop, should be good enough for the same treatment of other customers, not more, not less.

and for the customer, any amount of money youre willing to spend, shouldnt give you some idea that you should be treated better than the next guy.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Odd, I emailed him last night and got a reply today. I responded and got a second reply shortly afterward. I think it might be better to use the contact for off his website...

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom