• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i guess this is one of those "there's somebody out there for every gun made" type deals

while i understand that's a micro- from the video - it's bigger than the dude's hand - which to me means it's a subcompact.......i already have one of those. so they're marketing that as a micro in a .45....i dunno - i realize i'm rambling here but i'm not sure that will do as well as they might think - but i could be dead wrong

if i want a gun with the power of a .45 - then i want a carry gun with a few more rounds.........if i want a micro SHTF pocket gun - then i want it to fit in my pocket comfortably

i think springfield may have let the two light beams cross on this one - will be interesting to see how it does

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I guess they need an offering similar to the G36?

I'm not trying to dog it. I like having options out there. I don't see myself buying one though. At 5+1 I'd rather pack a 357 snubbie.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sturmgeweher's video...

And I suspect the price point will be around $600, there's no way they'd sell any of that if it were much more than that.

And it's not similar to a G36, it's better!

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i dont hate the look of it - and like i said - i need to put my hands on one before i can say anything for certain - but i'm trying to think of when i'd use it

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Um...no...tad over $1k - an' 22.8 oz.

Wanna try again?

22.8 is closer to 1.5(24) then it is 1 and that is pretty clear, and a tad over $1k for a micro 45 1911 is an arm and a leg. I wouldn't pay over $1k for a full framed custom built 1911, but then again that is just my personal preference. I suspect the 9mm version will be as thin if not possibly thinner, so I may be looking at one of those when they come out...

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    i dont hate the look of it - and like i said - i need to put my hands on one before i can say anything for certain - but i'm trying to think of when i'd use it

I'm thinking they'd have a bigger market for one in 9mm and 40 as it could compete with the LC9 the PF9 and the PPS slim markets as it seems they were going for a slimline look here. I'm on the boat with most everyone else here that in 45 and just 6 rounds is a little impractical.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    22.8 is closer to 1.5(24) then it is 1 and that is pretty clear, and a tad over $1k for a micro 45 1911 is an arm and a leg. I wouldn't pay over $1k for a full framed custom built 1911, but then again that is just my personal preference. I suspect the 9mm version will be as thin if not possibly thinner, so I may be looking at one of those when they come out...

Well, spin it as you will - the Elektra is still lighter than this thing WITH a higher mag capacity. And while there's no announced price yet, molding a polymer will always be cheaper than machining metal - so of course it's going to be cheaper. As to your price ceiling....all I can say is that you likely won't be buyin' any customer 1911's......<G> But - to each their own.

Robmoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Arlington
    When they come out with this in the .40 I'm in. I like the feel of the trigger on my XD sc40 better than my 740 Slim, but the Slim does a good job and is easier to carry.

Funny my "Springfield Armory" pistol was made in Crotia while both my Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal (FNH) were made in Frederickburg, VA.

Springfield Armory's slogan,"The oldest name in US firearms" is rather ironic considering the company was founded in 1974 and beyond their custom shop they mostly market imported firearms.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Doesn't make a lick of difference I'll give ya that, I was just concerned the gate might swing both ways....Hehehe

I know while out shooting, my youngest mentioned he loved shooting my .45's, when asked by another guy there why he liked .45 so much, he responded "'Cause they don't make a .46". Always thought that was funny, but you're right, looking down the barrel of a .45 is like staring at the opening to the Holland Tunnel.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Folks who like the XD platform will like this as a summer CCW. I'm in the 1911 camp and don't even own an XD so I'll likely not be in line to get one of these. But I'm sure they'll offer some +2 magazines for it in short order. If it's limited to 5+1, I see no advantage over a snubbie wheel gun other than the platform familiarity for some. But more magazine capacity grows the grip length. And for me, grip length tends to be the biggest issue in concealment.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, after being dicked over by someone on this forum (they know who they are), karma decided to reward me for my suffering at the hands of a fool...

I stopped by the Academy at 1604 and Potranco on my way home to pick up some more ammo for the Marlin I bought and shot this past weekend, and guess what was sitting in the display case? You got it, a XDs!

I have been looking for one for months now, and even at this past weekend's gun show all the vendors I talked with said they were near impossible to get. But it's always better to be lucky than good, and today I was really lucky!

Although I knew it was pretty much certain I would buy it, I asked to handle it first at which point it was certain I would buy it! The thing fits perfectly in my hand, it's probably the smallest possible .45 ACP weapon that still feels like a real pistol! I can easily get a solid 2½ fingers on the grip and it is near perfectly balanced. It is slim (1" wide) and I have no problems getting a strong grip on it. Honestly, it is everything Springfield claimed it to be and more!

Price was $529.99 + tax, and of course I had to buy some SD ammo because I wasn't going to carry this baby home unloaded! I most likely will take it out to the range on Saturday and see how it feels to my XD-45 Service, which has been my favorite 'go-to' pistol for years but which may now have some strong competition from its little brother!

I will take some pics of it next to the XD and post them up for comparison's sake, but I am happy (and redemption has occurred) as this is the one firearm I wanted to purchase in 2012!

Cheers! M2

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I was just at Academy earlier and handled one. Too small for me. I'm more than happy with my XDMc. 45. I did see a Buckmark I may go get in a few minutes!

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Well, after being dicked over by someone on this forum (they know who they are), karma decided to reward me for my suffering at the hands of a fool...

I stopped by the Academy at 1604 and Potranco on my way home to pick up some more ammo for the Marlin I bought and shot this past weekend, and guess what was sitting in the display case? You got it, a XDs!

I have been looking for one for months now, and even at this past weekend's gun show all the vendors I talked with said they were near impossible to get. But it's always better to be lucky than good, and today I was really lucky!

Although I knew it was pretty much certain I would buy it, I asked to handle it first at which point it was certain I would buy it! The thing fits perfectly in my hand, it's probably the smallest possible .45 ACP weapon that still feels like a real pistol! I can easily get a solid 2½ fingers on the grip and it is near perfectly balanced. It is slim (1" wide) and I have no problems getting a strong grip on it. Honestly, it is everything Springfield claimed it to be and more!

Price was $529.99 + tax, and of course I had to buy some SD ammo because I wasn't going to carry this baby home unloaded! I most likely will take it out to the range on Saturday and see how it feels to my XD-45 Service, which has been my favorite 'go-to' pistol for years but which may now have some strong competition from its little brother!

I will take some pics of it next to the XD and post them up for comparison's sake, but I am happy (and redemption has occurred) as this is the one firearm I wanted to purchase in 2012!

Cheers! M2

Congrats bud

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here are the pics...

First, the XDs next to my XD-45 Service:

IMG_2766.jpg

Comparing the slide lengths:

IMG_2767.jpg

And the grip lengths:

IMG_2768.jpg

Staring down the barrel of loaded guns:

IMG_2771.jpg

Next to my Taurus PT709 Slim:

IMG_2772.jpg

Next to a Taurus PT738 TCP (same size as a LCP, P3AT, etc):

IMG_2776.jpg

So not a "micro" in any sense, about the same size and width as my Taurus Slim but carrying 5+1 .45ACP versus 7+1 of 9mm.

If most reports of it being a good shooter for its size are true, I can easily see this being an alternate carry weapon in addition to an excellent BUG.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom