• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ERICJP82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Tomball
    I had actually only purchased the gun because we got into hunting with my dad a few years back. Back then, I lived in a rather bad area (little york and 45) so I felt like I needed to have it in case someone might break in. Now that I have kids and I live in a safe area, I just don't need it anymore so I was looking to sell it rather than trade cause I hear its the best way to get your money out of it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Eric, the places you think are safe, are not always. Nor will they remain that way. Unless you just need the money, keep it. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Best of luck either way.

Edit: I used to live in the Houston area, and work all over and worked all over southeast Texas. Tomball,,,,, is NOT crime free by any means.
    from an idgit coffeeholic

Last edited:

ERICJP82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Tomball
    It's a glock 22 Gen 4 with a lock...I added a tactical light and bright touch night sights. If someone were interested it would come along with its holster, two mags, speed loader, cleaning kit and I have a few bullets that were left, shooting range gear with glasses and ear plugs if anyone would want those...doubt it, but hey...you never know! Sorry if I don't answer this too often...I'm usually working and can only get around to it when I'm free.

ERICJP82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Tomball
    "Eric, the places you think are safe, are not always. Nor will they remain that way. Unless you just need the money, keep it. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Best of luck either way.

Edit: I used to live in the Houston area, and work all over and worked all over southeast Texas. Tomball,,,,, is NOT crime free by any means.
    from an idgit coffeeholic"

Sure there is crime everywhere that you go but now that I have kids and would have to put it in a safe...I don't know if it would do me any good to even have it, since i'd have to be quick enough to get it out in time. Crime in my old neighborhood is a lot different than my area now.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    "Eric, the places you think are safe, are not always. Nor will they remain that way. Unless you just need the money, keep it. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Best of luck either way.

Sure there is crime everywhere that you go but now that I have kids and would have to put it in a safe...I don't know if it would do me any good to even have it, since i'd have to be quick enough to get it out in time. Crime in my old neighborhood is a lot different than my area now.

Get the safe and put your "other" valuables in there also. The safe will probably last longer than the guns, etc. It will also be a good investment.

ERICJP82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Tomball
    Sorry I don't know how to even make friends on here...and nah the glockster didn't scare me away, just busy with life. I thought i'd get an email when I had a reply to my post but never did...so I didn't really know to even check it. Just figured I'd see if I had anything today...and here was the feed! Thanks for the welcomes and yes I did take a gun safety class when I purchased the gun.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    You're doin' fine! Hang around, you'll be fine. There may be a time that guns, even in Texas, are not so easy to come by! One of the first rules of gun ownership is ......................... purchase guns, never sell! Seller's remorse is a devastating disease! Don't ask me how I know.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes, thanks for responding, there are a lot fine folks here and friends to be made. Many, many of us grew up with firearms in the home. It really is all about parenting, and being a good parent doesn't always mean doing what some other folks think you should do.

There are no "safe" areas....

Congrats on the boys...raise them to hunt, shoot and proud to be Texans.....

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Father of 4 daughters. Gotta work with what I got and my 2 oldest are well versed on firearm safety and come to the range with me frequently. The other 2 are a little young IMO, but should be able to start working on #3 soon.

Teach them safety young and often and buy a safe. Reinforce safety. And do it again.

By the way, welcome from south of you in Katy.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

I'll bet its your wife that wants it gone and not you.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I'll bet its your wife that wants it gone and not you.
    Ha!

I have 4 daughters ranging from 5 months to 9 years. My wife isn't keen on guns but she would rather I have one in case its needed. We have also started teaching the oldest 2 about them and they both have bb guns and one has a bow now...

I say teach them about guns. If they grow up with them around they will respect them. When they're older teach them to shoot. You'd be surprised. My 8yr old is a girly girl all the way... Who knew she would be a dead shot!?!?!?

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    There was an old bail bonds guy in San Diego named king stahlman. His commercials had a little jingle:

"Its better to know me and not need me, than to need me and not know me..."

Convince your wife you are safer with it in the house. If you're scared if it then you should learn more about them too.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Sir, you don't have to put it in the safe but rather insure you are in control and the situation is safe.

Another positive to teaching your kids gun safety is YOU know what they learned. Also, as they grow and if they encounter unsafe conditions involving a firearm they will be better prepared and maybe not have to wait for LEO or others to arrive to deal with it. Teach your children how to use 'tools'. My .02

ERICJP82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Tomball
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

This is what all it would come with and a close up of the gun with the tactical light. I'm looking to sell it for 600 and any advice on good places to do that would be appreciated. I thought maybe the clerk of courts or a police station? I know they say that a busy parking lot with cameras and so forth...but anyone with some experience on the issue, i'd appreciate comments. Yes it is also my future wife that thinks that its not a good idea to have it anymore. Ever seen the Jim Jefferies on guns skit? That got me thinking too...

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I stick to HEB and home depot parking lots for trades/sales unless I know the person. I'd advise against a state/city office as it is usually not OK.

I'd still say keep it and teach her about it and teach her to shoot it. My first wife and my new wife have both been great shooters

Or you could just tell her you got rid of it. Lots of good hiding places in a house.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom