• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Here is this AMs email.....

View attachment 210620

Shhh! .. signed up for the informed delivery notification when forwarding all mail from my deceased parents ranch address, and Linda still hasn't figured how I know what's going to be in today's mail from 421 miles away.

She still thinks it's "magic" ... blonde's will do that. ;)

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Holy Chihuahua, I got one too. Should I click the link?
    20200421_133513.jpg

Attachments

• 20200421_133513.jpg
      20200421_133513.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 288

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That scam's been around since late last year...
    If you ever receive an email about a package delivery or unpaid online postage charges, be careful. Some postal customers are receiving bogus emails featuring the subject line, “Delivery Failure Notification.” These emails appear to be from the U.S. Postal Service® and include language regarding an unsuccessful attempt to deliver a package. The email will prompt you to confirm your personal delivery information by clicking a button or downloading an attachment, that, when opened, can activate a virus and steal information—such as your usernames, passwords, and financial account information. The Postal Inspection Service is working hard to stop these emails and protect your information.

https://www.uspis.gov/news/scam-article/fake-usps-emails/

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I get informed delivery from USPS, usually email arrives before mailman does but not always. My problem is that my 18 different bank accounts seem to be hacked and that I need to reset my password or they will deactivate the accounts. I didn't even remember that I had the accounts. Do you think this is a scam?

Please don't respond.

I used to report these to the bank (include all headers) but I don't even bother nowadays. They don't do anything anyhow. Oh, I just got my new Discover cards after that account was hacked (again). And all of my home phone calls go to voicemail now for me to review once a day. I am thinking about switching to a low interest credit card to pay for the extended warranty on my car. For some reason the numbers given seem to be in India.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I get emails every day from USPS.
    They send pictures of mail in the morning, of mail which should be coming that day.
    No mention of phone number in the email.
    That is a pilot program that was offered to public. People could sign up for it at their website. I am not sure how it is currently populated. I suppose I should have made it clear that unless someone provides an email to the USPS, they have no way to know what an email is.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Saw a crazy email scam today in my work email. Said he had my password, it was something I'd never heard of. He had all my fb contacts (I've never had a facebook account) phone contacts etc. and 132 days of pron history.

Claimed to know of my "unusual" tastes and had masturbation videos from hacking the webcam. Send $2000 dollars in bitcoin or he'd wreck my life by mailing it to six random contacts if it wasn't done in 24 hours.

That was the best I could decipher from the broken english anyway. Sent it to our phishing and spam guys.

Some people's kids I swear... I mean damn at least be creative.

Oh I forgot - said he had a special code that let him know when I got it so "don't try to be smart"

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Does anyone remember years ago, and mail order?

And checking out the mailbox every day, waiting for your package to arrive?

Yep, I remember sending money orders and just forgetting about the order, it made getting the item really exciting. Now we've just come to expect it. While I appreciate progress, as a kid the expectation was part of the fun. I even remember looking into the parked postal Jeep in my neighborhood on my way home from school in search of an order I had been waiting on.

Top Bottom