• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Katy
    I think they are specifically referring to those that have CHL's, because they're investigating the recent surge of CHL's.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    This one?: Newspaper chain plans 'state-by-state' concealed weapon databases | Fox News

The newest project "examines the explosion of ‘conceal and carry’ gun permits across the U.S.,”
    wrote Jim Lawitz, Civitas’ director of content, in an e-mail first obtained by the Buckeye Firearms Association. “Through public records act requests, we will attempt to build state-by-state databases that list those who have the right to carry a concealed weapon.”

Don't agree with what they are doing (in red text). Though part of me is curious how many hypocrites like antigun legislators and Hollywood famous people would be exposed. This is the left attempting to shame/out/attack/ostracize the people who have CHLs. (If yall saw the link from JColumbus on debating a liberal with Ben Shapiro's video you'll see where this is coming from).

A list of "those who have the right to carry" shouldn't be kept by anyone in the media. I feel their motivations are sinister. If the media wants statistical information, that they can request and receive from each state's licensing agency. Texas does keep and publicize those facts. In fact they can go directly here: TxDPS - Concealed Handgun Licensing

There, the Texas CHL info they need pertinent to their "examines the explosion of 'conceal and carry' is done. They don't need names and personal information to examine stats. In fact the people who have the right to carry a concealed weapon is any law abiding citizen who has not been disqualified, like felons and other listed individuals. So, them making a list isn't necessary. In fact, it'd be easier to get a list of disqualified indiviuals and call it good.

Top it off with Texas has a law that went through in 2007 saying a CHLers info is private (name, date, age, DOB, address, etc) and DPS won't release them for PI request: Texas Legislature Online - 80(R) History for HB 991

Overall, this group is fishing under the guise of study and stats.

Last edited:

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, just aggravated by the articles wording which insinuates that only permit holders have the "right".

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Katy
    I feel like this could end rather badly if it is completed and they decide to publish it...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Didn't someone end up releasing her personal information and address?

Yup, employees of the paper had their info released and they did not like it none too much. They cried about it and got police protection details to sit outside their houses. "Do as I say, not as I do". It is ok for the to treat others with invasion of privacy but it wasn't ok the got treated the same.

Top Bottom