Join TexasGunTalk

NFL Policy To Forbid Off-Duty Law Enforcement From Carrying

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by ShootWhenICan, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ShootWhenICan

ShootWhenICan Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    What could be the legitimate purpose for such a rule, except to disarm possible protection?
    We've seen what happens in gun-free zones, now they're adding this on the list.

[h=2]New NFL Policy To Forbid Off-Duty Law Enforcement From Carrying Firearms Into NFL Stadiums[/h]

Via The Blaze:
    A new NFL policy reportedly prohibits all law enforcement personnel from carrying their firearms into all NFL stadiums.
    Police in Cleveland, Ohio said they received an internal member on September 11 from the NFL that said all off-duty federal, state and local members of law enforcement would not be allowed entry into NFL facilities if they attempt to bring their gun with them, according to Fox affiliate WJW.
    An NFL spokesperson did not immediately return multiple requests for comment Sunday.
    However, according to Cleveland.com, a spokesman explained that the new policy was implemented after deciding it would best enhance the gameday experience.
    The Cleveland Police Patrolman’s Association (CPPA) appeared to oppose the new policy, telling WJW officers do not like to disarm themselves.
    “A police officer is never happy to give up his service weapon, especially when we have the right to carry it, you know, 24 hours 7 days a week and we’re upheld by our oath too to protect and serve the public on or off duty,” said Jeff Follmer, president of the CPPA.
    “We are police officers 24/7,” Follmer added to Cleveland.com. “I don’t know why anyone would want to disarm a police officer.”

2. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The Brain must be engaged before making laws not conducive to the peace and harmony of Citizens. Who can predict the murder and mayhem an armed off duty peace officer may not be allowed to prevent by this stupid law contrived by that tribe of firearm haters ? Disregarding political parties and liberal vs. conservative tags, this nation today consists of two types lawmakers and voters, they without common sense and without gonads and they who know right from wrong and whom love and support the Constitution of our Nation, namely the 2nd Amendment of same !

3. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    This is an NFL policy, not a law.
    I agree, it is absurd,

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
  5. Trung Si

Trung Si Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Hill County
    The NFL is getting so politically correct lately, it's making me sick to my stomach, not only with decisions like this, but others which would be off topic to discuss here.

6. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    HEY, psssst, Mohammed, did you hear the NFL is not allowing LEO's to carry guns into football stadiums, wow man, get your buddies from Al Qaeda there is a nearly 100,000 unarmed and now unprotected American 'satans' and you guys can run loose and free.

7. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Because there will be no security at all......

Seriously, I don't like the idea of disarming anyone, including off duty cops. I also bony think it should be an NFL decision. As far as property owners go, I'm not all that fond of anyone who thinks any law abiding citizen should be disarmed but I believe property rights trump my opinion on the subject. (Already discussed in the other thread).

Just a dumb move by the NFL that we find stupid and will have zero effect on how much money they make.

8. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Who owns these stadiums?
    I recall bond elections being involved in Arlington.

9. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I believe a large portion was tax payer funded. Not sure what kind of returns they get besides local spending at businesses.

Don't track that stuff real close but read somewhere the city is having to pay to rename a bunch of roads due to a contract with AT&T sponsoring the stadium or some crap.

10. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    It shows that the NFL is being run by either aspiring or past elementary schools principals...