Night Sights

Discussion in 'Optics' started by salrdav, Jul 18, 2009.

1. salrdav

salrdav New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Montgomery Texas
    Any preference no which brand of night sights to buy for my Glock 27? What color? Front and rear or just the front?

2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Front & back, green, Meprolights.

3. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I prefer the Meprolights green/green myself. I've tried a couple of different brands and styles but always go back to the Mepros. The dots are a little bigger (which is easier for me to see) and clearer than other's I've tried. The Trijicon's are clear but the dots are too small for me. I've also tried the TruGlo night sights which I really didn't like. The dots where not clear, too small (looked more like just white dots) and the front dot was way off center in the front site post.

So now every one of my carry guns has the green/green Mepros installed on them.

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I love the XS sights on my Sig. I've found them to be quick, intuitive and accurate. I've had zero problem seeing them in the dark.

5. Starker

Starker Active Member

+1

6. A_FIVE-O

A_FIVE-O Active Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I have Meprolights Rear:Green 2 Dot, Front:Green 1 Dot on my Glock 27. I have Trijicon Rear:Green 2 Dot, Front:Green 1 Dot on my Glock 22. I had Glock Factory NS Rear:Green 2 Dot, Front:Green 1 Dot on my Glock 26.

IMO the Meprolights are larger dots and wayyy brighter. As for the color it doesn't really matter, but I would like to check out the different color front than rear version.

7. Mate

Mate Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    I know for me, having front green and rear green can get kinda confusing when shooting. You might want to look into a green front and yellow rear. Maybe something like this -

warren-mp-ns.jpg

I've found I like this setup the best.

8. salrdav

salrdav New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Montgomery Texas
    Thanks for all the info. I will probably go with the Meprolights.

9. Scott_F

Scott_F Member

Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    Meps are what Glocks use as their factory offering. Hard to go wrong. I recently used a discount code on the Ameriglo site and put their sights on my two Sigs. Very nice sights. And, they were relatively cheap.

10. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    +1