Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Kaepernick is not a victim he quit the 49ers with years left on his contract he was not fired.

Not exactly correct. He had a player option in 2017, and elected to not exercise that option to stay with the 49ers, likely because they sucked (2-14 in 2016, most of those with Kap at QB). Most analysts thought he would get a backup job. He didn't due to sucking so bad at the 49ers, and possibly the protests. They were awful, and tried 3 different QBs in 2017.

He thought it was collusion by NFL teams (possibly due to toxicity) and filed a lawsuit against the NFL in late 2017 after he didn't get a contract. A judge just ruled his lawsuit can proceed.

Apparently he thought a 1-10 QB that had gotten benched was good enough for another NFL job.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Apparently he thought a 1-10 QB that had gotten benched was good enough for another NFL job.

He would have gotten $14.5M if he stayed on the 49'er roster. So adding to what you wrote:

Apparently he thought a 1-10 QB that had gotten benched was good enough for another NFL job that would pay more than $14.5M.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Check this perspective out. The underlying issue with the Nike company plan. Including the NFL and Levi.

International trade agreements.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sJzyk_1536173377

Interesting theory. Counterpoint: less than 50% of Nike revenue is generated from US consumers.

There’s less overall risk for them in the US. I don’t know if this is a global campaign, but I doubt it.

If RoW countries don’t see or don’t care about this (or conversely those markets feel differently about the issues) and it’s a global campaign, the payoff could easily offset US losses.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Interesting theory. Counterpoint: less than 50% of Nike revenue is generated from US consumers.

There’s less overall risk for them in the US. I don’t know if this is a global campaign, but I doubt it.

If RoW countries don’t see or don’t care about this (or conversely those markets feel differently about the issues) and it’s a global campaign, the payoff could easily offset US losses.

That's not really a counterpoint. It helps the theory.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That's not really a counterpoint. It helps the theory.
    But counterpoint sounds so much cooler than 'alternate theory'. Here's my take. There's something called risk to brand/brand reputation. When marketing campaigns are being pitched, that's a big question to answer; if the marketer gets it wrong the company can suffer financially.

I put together a long analysis and then found Investor's Business Daily ran this article today that echoed my thoughts.

I find IBD's assessment more compelling than Nike believing it can influence or will draw satisfaction from 'making a statement' on a tariff decision.

ETA: Nike's Q4 earnings call transcript supports the IBD article.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just went to the Nike.com site and was looking it over as someone who has been wearing Nike running shoes since 19778.

Looked at men/women ads on their site. Do they still sell to WHITE people???
    So... your a time bending alien that has figured out "worm hole" travel. Nice! Tell me... what the future is like ol' great Cowboy?

JK... just having fun. Much love:peace:

Top Bottom