No gun = no $ cards.....

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by hoytinak, Nov 22, 2008.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I've seen these cards around on the different forums but have never seen one in person. My work place is 30.06 (TX legal no carry sign) posted and Thurday we had a delivery truck driver hand us a couple of these cards. As a CHL holder myself it sucks telling another CHL holder that they can't come inside our gate with a CCW. :mad:

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

2. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    need to find some of these, I have local print shop that makes my custom business cards for me, may see what they can do...

3. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'd be interested in buying some of these.

4. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I want some - although I haven't been to a business that had a legit 30.06 sign posted in front. Well, the pathetic gun show here in Austin, but that was it.

5. CarbonCycles

CarbonCycles Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Speaking of 30.06 signs, I ran across one at a drive through to a Taco Cabana (don't ask why I was picking up food there). It's safe to say I won't be doing business there again.

6. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    The posting of 30.06 signs must be up to the individual owner's discretion of the given store. I haven't seen one posted at the Freebirds near my work or the Taco Cabana near my apartment either. I still won't go back to Freebirds, but I do question who authorizes the posting of these signs at a restaurant.

7. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I just made some up on my printer and they came out great. Changed the state from Texas to Idaho, after my stupid a** printed them off just saying Texas. LOL. Maybe I should go get some sleep. :banghead:

8. kfriddile

kfriddile Member

Aug 27, 2008
    If someone has these printed up like business cards, and can make them available cheaply, I would buy some.

9. DoubleActionCHL

DoubleActionCHL Well-Known

Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I firmly believe that some of these places post out of ignorance. I contacted Freebirds' management and they believe it's required by TABC. I copied and pasted the applicable statutes, but haven't heard back. On the other hand, ignorance may be the excuse, but they might know exactly what they're doing.

10. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    You can buy them through the Texas State Rifle Association on their website here: Texas State Rifle Association - TSRA Logo Offical Items (down toward the bottom of the page).