• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Also recommending Chuck's Class III in Williamson County. He's a stand up guy.

I live in the city of Austin and there is no getting Art Acevedo (Chief of Police) to sign any Form-4s, he's publicly come out and said he will not sign any. The only route to take in that case is with a trust.

Quicken Willmaker works just fine, or you can see a lawyer if you want to make sure and do it all correct.

Not that it matters as Sheriff Hamilton will sign and does so fairly quickly as I understand, but when did Art Acevado make these statements?

I have heard nothing to this effect and am a news junkie. Please link to story.
    Hurley's Gold

LuckyLuciano

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Austin
    Not that it matters as Sheriff Hamilton will sign and does so fairly quickly as I understand, but when did Art Acevado make these statements?

That's what I was told by a local FFL. I'll dig around for it though.

Also, that's good to know about Sheriff Hamilton, I was not aware.

LuckyLuciano

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Austin

Whoops, so it looks like the information I was given was actually about about Cathy Ellison, the previous acting Chief of Police who would not sign any Form 4s according to SpreadFireArms.

I'm not sure where Acevedo stands. If anybody knows, please do tell.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Whoops, so it looks like the information I was given was actually about about Cathy Ellison, the previous acting Chief of Police who would not sign any Form 4s according to SpreadFireArms.

I'm not sure where Acevedo stands. If anybody knows, please do tell.

Again it does not matter where Chief Acevado stands as Sheriff Hamilton signs.;)

TexZaa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Cedar Park, Texas
    Dad and I are looking into a suppressor for a 22/223. Everything I have read says that Williamson Co. residents are SOL. A search on the forum turned up Trusts, but I don't know enough yet to know how they work. Can someone give me some info on getting started on paperwork or a way around this?

Not all of Williamson County is affected. I live in Cedar Park (Williamson County) and the chief of police here will sign. He signed for two of my NFA applications, one of which was a suppressor.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    What exactly do the trust entail? I have heard about them and there is a shop i buy from in Houston that one of the girls that works there will do one for 100 bucks but was just wondering what the wordage was and how they worked.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Shooting cats and dogs with a suppressed weapon? Did I hear that right?

So the story is that a person in Pflugerville (not even Wilco) was shooting the neighbors pets with a suppressed .22 (not even a legally obtained suppressor). I have had some very long heated debates with Sheriff Wilson about this, and won't vote for him because of it. I ended up going the trust route like everyone else who wants to exercise the right to own a suppressor in his jurisdiction. What kills me is that I am about 800 meters from Round Rock city limits where at last check the chief will sign for anything as long as you pass a background check.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I was just in a store, the other day, and a few people were complaining about how much harder it is to get a supressor in Williamson vs. Travis. Bummer... Guess I'd better file, while I still live in Travis.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Say Willi, are you a paying advertiser?

If not, clearing the board of current discussions just so you get free advertisement is enough for me not to use your firm.

I sent him the above PM a few minutes ago. If he keeps posting, that will tell me all I need to know.

OldCannon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Pflugerville
    There is a pending change coming from the ATF that _removes_ the need to CLEO signoff, but requires the CLEO be informed. It also changed the requirements for trust members to be fingerprinted, photographed, and background checked. Technically, it will makes things easier for non-trust and a more of a PITA for trusts. The legal advantage of a trust, however, is still retained (transferability, etc.).

View Rule (yes, this will likely become law)

Top Bottom