Guns International

No more jamming my GLOCK between the seat and console.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Got tired of tucking the pistol between the center console and seat when driving the cage. Had an extra Bladetech holster laying around.

15317749_10211614981756242_2066216002816376120_n.jpg

15253471_10211614981796243_6444771883961923750_n.jpg

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    No. but I never did when I had it between the seat and console either. I was going to go under the dash with it but didn't like the accessibility there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I've been meaning to do something for a while now as when seated in the Jeep getting to it while in my belt holster is near impossible. And i never really liked having it just floating around either.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Ever gotten pulled over and had a cop notice it? I've always wanted to just leave it in a compartment with part of it visible for easy access if needed but sometimes worry about LE giving me shit if they spot it.

Used to tuck handguns between the seat and center console back when I had a mustang, but I'd still throw a hat over it for good measure.

jbenrn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2016
    Can you show how you mounted this? I'm definitely interested in trying it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if you go with a left handed holster you can mount it on the drivers side.

I do keep a hat or towel over mine just because I don't want to be hassled.

As far as mounting. I just drilled some Holes in the outside part of the holster that a screw driver would fit in then marked the holes in the console the holster had for its "belt mount" Used some 3/16 screws and bolted it to the console. If I ever decide to sell the car I will just put some rubber plugs in the holes or mix matching paint color into some toothpaste and fill the small holes.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Can you show how you mounted this? I'm definitely interested in trying it.

It's a bladetech holster so it already had bolt holes in it. I just used two self tapping screws and zapped it to the console. Same way the two radios are mounted there.

I was going to use a left hand holster and put it on driver's side but there's really not enough console on that side to mount it.

jbenrn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2016
    It's a bladetech holster so it already had bolt holes in it. I just used two self tapping screws and zapped it to the console. Same way the two radios are mounted there.

I was going to use a left hand holster and put it on driver's side but there's really not enough console on that side to mount it.

Sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info! I'm going to try it.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    So, what happens when a cop approaches your vehicle in the event you get pulled over?

Hopefully the same thing that happens when I get pulled over CCing or OCing on my person. What would he do if I had a rifle in the back seat?

Handle it the same way I would any other time.

Inform them I have a ltc, am armed and where it's at while my hands are on the wheel where they should be then let them take it from there.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You realize the law that covers CC and OC is different than the applicable law for a gun mounted to the console, right?

Not telling you what to do or trying to influence, just want to make sure you know where you stand in the event you get pulled over.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    The gun must be in a belt or shoulder holster. And that it may be on or around your person. The gun is in a belt holster the holster just isn't mounted to a belt. It's mounted to a console.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    And while it's possible for me to get pulled over I tend not to drive in a way anymore that results in interactions with the popo. That was my younger years ;).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I would have mounted it to the interior roof.

When people look into a vehicle. They naturally look down towards the seats. Call it motor memory from getting in or out a vehicle. The headliner area is the least observed space in the driver's compartment. Not including raised vehicles. Where it's a climb up. Vehicle heights to where a person has to bend over and make a concerted effort to scan the interior roof.

My 2¢...

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm sure I could do something like that using the visor mounting points. They make radio mounts for that position.

Top Bottom