• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    would a credit card blade be against the rules?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/128d_cardsharp2_credit_card_knife.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    We are allowed to carry pocket knives at work, but we're not allowed to use them for anything. Crazy reaction by management when a guy cut himself by accident. (And that guy was fired.)

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    RACERX,

A belt buckle dagger. = Unless you tell someone, they'll never know that you're wearing it, as the blade is INSIDE & HIDDEN BY the leather belt. = QUICK to "draw" in an emergency, too.
    (I used to wear one on my Sam Browne belt as another level of "Onion Field Insurance".)

Speaking of belts, a heavy "western" belt, with a heavy brass buckle makes a decent close-quarters weapon for defense. = The "trophy buckle" on the one that I wear weighs 1/4#.
    (US Marines used belts "to good effect" in bar-brawls for decades.)

ADDENDA: I once worked for the LA Department of Correction (when I was a starving grad-student) & one of the best "striking weapons" that I ever saw used was the property of an old Angola "Gun-Bull", who carried a heavy briarwood cane that was "reinforced with" a piece of brass pipe about 8-9" long. = VICIOUS at close quarters perfectly described it. - I saw him use it a couple of times when an inmate attacked him. - BOTH inmates ended up in the infirmary.

just my OPINIONS, satx

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What about a kubaton? Darrel Ralph makes some nice ones

ddr-htm-brass-kubaton-thumb.jpg

ddr-kubaton-pen-ti-polished-cm.jpg

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I worked in the prisons, pocket knives were forbidden. I always carried a fingernail clipper that served my day to day needs for a knife.

Oddly, the offenders always carried knives made from the blades of their safety razors. They would take the blades out of the safety razors and attach them to something like a toothbrush handle.

I wrote up one Offender for making a shank from a horse shoe nail. Where he got that nail is unknown.

CaneMaster Canes.....I have two of them and took their training courses. Those babies will open a huge can of whupass!

Flash

Last edited:

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I have several Cold Steel canes, most with, one without (my "traveling" cane that can go through an x-ray machine w/o setting off any alarms. Useful when flying or cruising).

Since I often have need of one to walk, I got some that made it easier to be armed at all times.

A belt buckle dagger was mentioned earlier, I have had two for over 30 years, made by Bowen. One is single edged and the other dual edged, both have a nifty bottle opener built in to the buckle part.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Not a tactical key chain, but I do carry this. you can see where it could do some damage, it is sharp-ish

61FrfdB-P1L._SL1500_.jpg
    Had to comment. Picked up one of these at academy for like 2-3 bucks. Use it very frequently. Wish it had a Phillips. Bot much in the way of self defense though but it has saved me countless trips back to the truck for another tool.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Just realized there are no scissors here, like most other firms I've been at
    The benefit of scissors is they they just look like office supplies. Get a pen cup and just throw them in there with the writing utensils, or keep them in your briefcase/portfolio. They work good for opening boxes and other cutting needs, and if you get the right pair they could be quite lethal as well.
    19766304602_a22dc64a1f.jpg

...of course I carry both a multitool and a pocket knife at work. The only thing anyone has ever said to me about it was "nice knife" :laughing:

Top Bottom