• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cvhjr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    Think of all those people who have been and will be killed by the criminals the former President “traded” for this worthless human. 44 opened the gates of Gitmo to get this bastard back - now those camel jockeys are leading various prayer meetings around the world singing our praises and trying to kill our grandchildren. What a deal all round ! Makes me sick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun Zone Deals

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Think of all those people who have been and will be killed by the criminals the former President “traded” for this worthless human. 44 opened the gates of Gitmo to get this bastard back - now those camel jockeys are leading various prayer meetings around the world singing our praises and trying to kill our grandchildren. What a deal all round ! Makes me sick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Not to mention how many of these mother fuckers are imported into our country every single year. Just like that piece of trash in NYC

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    Wow! Sgt Bergdahl could have presented himself and asked to be chaptered out of the Army if he felt he had a mental illness making him unfit to serve. I know that sounds like a cop-out, but at least no soldiers would have been killed or wounded looking for him. The verdict was lame. He should have been jailed. You have to be accountable for your actions. I can't believe his mental illness was that bad, otherwise his behavior might have flagged beforehand. Moreover, he could have sought counseling or spoke to a chaplain. Abandoning your battle buddies is a cardinal sin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Shocked that this happened. Didn't even confiscate his pay for the whole time he deserted, just 1k a month for 10 months. Means he should still have plenty of cash laying around since he wasn't spending it.

old dog nailed it.
    Don’t know if UCMJ has provisions to disallow someone from “profiting” (book deal, movie rights, etc.) from their service experiences - I rather doubt it. But I should hope the IRS takes note to insure Uncle Sam gets ALL that would be due him!

Anyone know a good lawyer? Maybe these families that suffered trying to rescue the deserter should sue. That seemed to work against OJ.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I wonder if their families can file civil suits against Bergdahl, given he was directly responsible for their deaths?!?

I can't think of a single reason they couldn't. It's just going to take a group of lawyers willing to take the case on contingency to make it work. And the cases filed in the home districts of where some of these folks come from will be less than cooperative for the defense I would think.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Fwiw, I can think of NO lawful punishment under the UCMJ/MCM that is severe enough for the former NCO.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Fwiw, I once defended a PVT/E2 in a SCM in BRD for being AWOL for 4 hours to get married.
    (In the days when you didn't need to be an attorney to be a defense counsel)
    He got a General discharge (under less than honorable conditions), forfeiture of all pay & allowances, reduction in grade to E1 & was "shown the door" that same afternoon.
    (Somehow, I think that there's a "problem of equal justice for all" here.)

yours, satx

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    I've completely lost any faith I had remaining in the legal/justice system. Just like HRC will skate for all of her wrong doings, just like all politicians do.

Last edited:

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I sure would not want to be this guy out on the streets. He has quite an unpaid debt to settle with many people. The judge could have let him deal with it but since he let him walk there are a lot of folks who won’t be able to let this lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    satx, you defended him?
    ...you’d better keep yore day job, buddy!

busykngt,

Inasmuch as I did my best in trying to argue the case in the face of a plethora of DOCUMENTED FACTS which favored the trial counsel's case, I wasn't too displeased with the result.
    (IF I was accused of a crime & was actually INNOCENT, I would much prefer to face a USA courts-martial board than a civilian jury.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    karlac,

I would NOT be shocked to discover that "an untoward event" occurs in his immediate future.

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've completely lost any faith I had remaining in the legal/justice system. Just like HRC will skate for all of her wrong doings, just like all politicians do.

Well just hold your horses. They're now saying that the ruling has to be approved by a General to make sure it's not too harsh, and then goes on to automatic appeal since it's an other than honerable. This mess could actually get worse when you start to think about the senior type folks that were phased out by the previous administration.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Well just hold your horses. They're now saying that the ruling has to be approved by a General to make sure it's not too harsh, and then goes on to automatic appeal since it's an other than honerable. This mess could actually get worse when you start to think about the senior type folks that were phased out by the previous administration.

E350-6,

What is REALLY disgusting is that one of the "politicians in a flag officer's uniform" may essentially let the TRAITOR off with a slap on the wrist. = Bergdahl COULD end up with 300,000USD & a General Discharge under Honorable conditions

yours, satx

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I doubt a general under honorable would happen. He is still not going to get what he deserves, which is life in prison with no possibility or parole. He is a disgrace to the core of the non-commissioned officer.

Top Bottom