• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    On News Week this morning it was stated by Robert Reich that ''any American citizen can be picked up and endefinatly detained as an enemy combatant''. I am in total agreement with sage, how is their guilt determined without a trail. When the government can assume your guilt, for any crime including terrorism, there is a huge problem. Defending this bill is another case of someone willing to trade their freedom for a false sense of safety. Personally I would rather have my rights.

Here here!! Benajmin Franklin was once quoted; "He who would sacrifice even a small measure of freedom for any measure of security deserves neither". Our forefathers knew things like this were an eventuality, and did their level best to warn us of it, but most of our citizens are so wrapped up in the "status quo" that they fail to take notice.
    DK Firearms

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Everyone here on the Texas Gulf Coast keeps at least 2 weeks supply of food during hurricane season. I hear the scuba diving is nice off Cuba. I here by declare that I have 2 weeks supply of rice and beans stocked up. I am requesting to be sent to Guantanamo Bay immediately!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If nothing else, this detention thing is unconstitutional because it says Americans outside the US can be held indefinitely. Even if they are picked up on a battlefield, they're still citizens and Article 3 Section 3 applies to them.
    Maybe citizens who belong to Al Qaeda.
    A random US citizen sporting a rather awesome beard is discovered on a battlefield...

"Excuse me sir, are you a member of Al Qaeda"

"Nope"

"OK, have a nice day!"

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    A random US citizen sporting a rather awesome beard is discovered on a battlefield...

"Excuse me sir, are you a member of Al Qaeda"

"Nope"

"OK, have a nice day!"

LOL.

But, no. You arrest them (unless they're actively engaged in hostilities, in which case you shoot them, obviously), find out who, what, etc. Then if they're fighting for our enemies... you try them and if you find them guilty, you hang them.

cutter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Its amazing how this stuff gets passed. I respect others opinions but it seems that so many young people are uneducated on history and social experiments. I am 28 and my wife and I have several friends who are going to law school to be politicians and lawyers and their main goal is to ban gun ownership. We debate often and i feel I never loose but never change thier opinion no matter how valid my points are. we are doomed unless we educate and change public opinion that guns just kill to guns keep us alive.

"YOU HAVE NO HOPE" - DR. DOOM

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Its amazing how this stuff gets passed. I respect others opinions but it seems that so many young people are uneducated on history and social experiments. I am 28 and my wife and I have several friends who are going to law school to be politicians and lawyers and their main goal is to ban gun ownership. We debate often and i feel I never loose but never change thier opinion no matter how valid my points are. we are doomed unless we educate and change public opinion that guns just kill to guns keep us alive.

"YOU HAVE NO HOPE" - DR. DOOM

The best tactic I have found is casual discusion. A perfect example is my foreman. I had a post on here about an argument I had gotten into with him involving what we should and shouldn't be allowed to have, It had gotten pretty heated and involved everything from what I should be able to buy to if shooting was a sport or not. I backed off but from time to time I would bring up an instance of someone protecting there self during a break in or attempted robbery on the street, and point out when someone got mugged that it may have been much different if they had a chl. He brought his son out a couple times and let him shoot .22s and is coming out tomorrow to shoot a pistol that he WANTS to buy from me for home defense and wants to convince his wife that it's safe. He's even talking about getting his CHL. I look at it as a win for the good guys and another kid that will grow up with a positive and realistic idea of firearms. I don't bother too much with the true "haters", I find those that or slightly liberal or think it doesn't matter and show them what it's all about.

Top Bottom