• jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    Re: A perspective worth reading

Blogger says one thing....the text of the bill something quite different.
    Guess we'll just disagree on the contradicting parts of the bill. We'll wait for the courts(God help us) to sort it out. I'm just hoping one of us is not the detained US citizen that is the test case.
    Capitol Armory ad

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Just because it isn't required doesn't mean it isn't authorized. Also the bill says it doesn't affect current law, well that's no good because current law allows us to be detained by homeland security.
    When are we, the frogs, going to realize the pot is starting to boil?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    yup, and the only reason i can think to add something that un-needed would be to sneek in some crap that gives the government authority to detain citizens without charge or fair trial and confuse it by saying they are nor required to do so.

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    yup, and the only reason i can think to add something that un-needed would be to sneek in some crap that gives the government authority to detain citizens without charge or fair trial and confuse it by saying they are nor required to do so.
    It makes the US part of the world battlefield and authorizes military intervention here. The implications, to me, are frightening.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    So my question is what do you do when they knock on your!!!! Door
    Do you give up and go or ????? This is bad very bad
    I dont understand it all the backdoor stuff
    But we are slowly giving away the things
    That so many have died for.
    And for what!! So (uncle sugar) can tell what is best)
    I have some hard thinking to do,let each
    Man search his own heart, but we are comming
    To the time where we will have to find out
    What side of the cut we are on, i an only 50
    I want to grow old but what about those who fought
    And didnt get to grow old. In my mind the blood
    Spilled for honor and country needs to be treated better,
    They didnt die for the few they died for us all.(even the pukes that are trying to round us up)So tell me what do we do?????

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    If any man, regardless of who they are or what kind of uniform they are wearing, shows up at my door with the intent to violate my constitutional rights, I will, to the best of my ability, relieve him of his ability to breathe. Or die trying...

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    shcoldhands.jpg

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    If any man, regardless of who they are or what kind of uniform they are wearing, shows up at my door with the intent to violate my constitutional rights, I will, to the best of my ability, relieve him of his ability to breathe. Or die trying...

Just because politicians have the ability to pass an unconstitutional law doesn't mean that LEOs or military will follow an unlawful order.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    That's simple. You vote and educate people. Then you pray that it works.
    this would be appropriate.

Take it easy. This isn't a scene from Gran Torino.
    Have you done everything else possible to address your grievences? How many people have you taken to get registered to vote or driven to the polls on voting day? Do you attend Tea Party events and take part in local polictics to educate people?
    You are going straight from step 1 to step 479.

Want to make conservative gun owners look like fringe lunatics? Post stuff like you are gonna blast anybody that comes to your door.....

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Do you live in one of those places?

Nope. I think that waiting 6 months just to get a purchasers permit or foid just so you can buy a gun then wait 30 days to go pick it up is unconstitutional. Never mind that. That stuff is over le head. Read the news. People doing nothing out of the ordinary getting arrested for having a firearm in their car. Or having ATF drop by for cleaning a rifle in your garage (that one was California).

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Nope. I think that waiting 6 months just to get a purchasers permit or foid just so you can buy a gun then wait 30 days to go pick it up is unconstitutional. Never mind that. That stuff is over le head. Read the news. People doing nothing out of the ordinary getting arrested for having a firearm in their car. Or having ATF drop by for cleaning a rifle in your garage (that one was California).
    I agree that purchaser's permits and waiting periods are BS and unconstitutional. Usually the other stories you read have much much more to them than the 20 second video snippet or the 2 paragraph story in the paper.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I know that in places like California and Illinois the cops do some stuff that makes me scratch my head, but those places have a whole diferent set of standards that the people are willing to put up with.

"Every nation gets the government it deserves" -Joseph de Maistre

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I know that in places like California and Illinois the cops do some stuff that makes me scratch my head, but those places have a whole diferent set of standards that the people are willing to put up with.

"Every nation gets the government it deserves" -Joseph de Maistre
    That's what I'm saying. People act like the individual law enforcement officers would never cross that line. They already are in many states because people let them. Give em an inch and they take a mile. I lived in ca for 20 years. There's no respect for the second amendment there. Even lots of good cops that enforce bad laws.

Top Bottom