• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    • (b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

• (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

I saw that too... Curious... What would Rand Pauls motivation be to shoot this down? Im lost
    Capitol Armory ad

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    What were they talking about when they mentioned army personnel being placed in civilian police departments and all that jazz? Is this just another case of fearmongering, or has the wrong bill been quoted here?

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    What were they talking about when they mentioned army personnel being placed in civilian police departments and all that jazz? Is this just another case of fearmongering, or has the wrong bill been quoted here?

Also saying people with multiple firearms or more than 7 day's worth of food could be considered terrorists. That would be half to three quarters of the country.
    I want to know because this bill had me worried but now maybe Rand Paul has me worried...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    This?

SEC. 1014. EXTENSION OF AUTHORITY FOR JOINT TASK FORCES TO PROVIDE SUPPORT TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES CONDUCTING COUNTER-TERRORISM ACTIVITIES.

• (a) Extension- Section 1022(b) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2004 (10 U.S.C. 371 note) is amended by striking `2011' and inserting `2012'.

• (b) Limitation on Exercise of Authority- The authority in section 1022 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2004, as amended by subsection (a), may not be exercised after September 30, 2011, unless the Secretary of Defense certifies to Congress, in writing, that the Department of Defense is in compliance with the provisions of paragraph (2) of subsection (d) of such section, as added by section 1012(b) of the Ike Skelton National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 (Public Law 111-383; 124 Stat. 4346).

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Here's the scary part:

(4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The Secretary of Defense may, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the Secretary submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Here's the scary part:

(4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The Secretary of Defense may, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the Secretary submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States.
    That only applies to Al Qaeda members who are not US citizens

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Isn't that the waiver that Obama claimed he would veto the bill if he was not also given power over it, also I saw the term enemy combatant, if obama were to classify an american citizen as an enemy combatant it seems that they could do as they please. If someone has further info on this I would appreciate it, as I see it, grey area is just as bad because it leaves the door open to do as they please and defend it later if need be.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    <Sigh>

Same shiznit, different day.

Bunch of freakin' clowns. We should make 'em dress up like bozo and wear those red noses when they speak in the House and Senate chambers.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    the-security-of-clowns-the-security-of-clowns-clown-alert-ja-political-poster-1262454548.jpg

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Or this part.

• (e) Authorities- Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.
    Doesnt that basic nullify the purpose of this bill? Wasnt it to extend Law of War to those that were captured here, it already applied to those taken outside the US.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Or this part.

• (e) Authorities- Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.
    Doesnt that basic nullify the purpose of this bill? Wasnt it to extend Law of War to those that were captured here, it already applied to those taken outside the US.
    This furthur reinforces that it doesn't apply to Americans.

Top Bottom