Not sure if I live under a rock, but check these out

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by MTA89, Feb 23, 2018.

1. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm running low on my nuclear tipped grenades, any leads on some deals?

2. Charlie

Charlie Illiterate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    You using them up?

3. robertc1024

robertc1024 Not That Guy TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Ask Southpaw.

4. spill

spill New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Anyone aware of being able to convert the original predator rifles to use pmags instead of their proprietary 5rders?

Really the magazine is the only gripe I have about the rifle. It’s very precise and a hell of a deal.

Second minor gripe would be the rail that’s implied to be a Picatinny according to their site though it’s anything but... more like a bastard weaver/pic combo...

5. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Yes, Spill

Magpul is releasing a stock with bottom metal that will accept AICS mags. Magpul makes an affordable version of them.

I haven’t seen one for the factory stock. If you were patient, and had a Dremel, I suppose you could inlet and fit one in.

I just picked one of these the other day. I put a scope on it, and was ringing my 180yd gong in just a few shots. I’m just starting a load this afternoon.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

spill likes this.
  6. spill

spill New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Put mine in a black laminate Boyds a couple of years ago which I really like, but I'll keep my eyes open for this. Thanks.

7. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
  8. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Well, I called Magpul the other day.

They’re farting around and still don’t have a firm ship date.

I’m now starting to modify my existing stock.

I drilled and installed sleeves for a cheek rest, and filled the butt stock with silicone yesterday. I’ll let it set up a couple more days, then I’ll fill the hollow in the forearm with fiberglass filler.

If that goes well, I may start trying to change the shape of the stock to increase ergonomics.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

9. Sandoval

Sandoval Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Seconded. The only trouble I had was when I tried shooting Tula through it. The cases would get jammed as the barrel heated up and extractor would get ripped off. No problems when I've stuck with brass.

10. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 New Member

May 2, 2015
    I bought one this morning from Kentucky Gun Company. $435 no tax, free shipping. Looks interesting. Got this scope to go with it, same as my AR15, Nikon P-223 3-9x40 Mate BDC 600. $145 free shipping, no tax. Seems like a really decent price for a nice rifle.