• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Never know these days. Dog knows there are plenty of "aM I bEiNg dEtAIneD!?!?!" morons out there.
    So that’s why I put the lol in my response. Regardless I was still making a point to relax and listen. Those videos can be a lot of things. Funny, stupid, maybe the cops a bad guy. I dunno...I never encountered a cop who took his problems out on me.
    Venture Surplus ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So that’s why I put the lol in my response. Regardless I was still making a point to relax and listen. Those videos can be a lot of things. Funny, stupid, maybe the cops a bad guy. I dunno...I never encountered a cop who took his problems out on me.

It is amazing how NOT having a chip on your shoulder will create a positive outcome for you. ;)

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I was stopped a while back in Jonestown for speeding.....gave the officer my license and LTC.....he asked me if I had a weapon in the vehicle. I responded that I did. He said to leave it where it was. Went back to his car.....ran my info.....came back and said "have a nice day....slow down a bit". I fully believe that my LTC and veteran status got me out of a ticket that I deserved.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I also think body language and introduction are key. For example: two hands on the steering wheel is said to be recommended. However do realize that criminals subconsciously put two hands up because they are used to being arrested.

I like the ol’ one hand on the wheel and cause the window is down the other arm and hand on top the window/door. A nice smile and yes sir, is a pretty good hello.

Then again it’s been a long time and by small town cops plus I had friends in le and it just wasn’t really intimidating for me. Not cause I thought ohhh I know people but cause when you do know people you see their just regular guys

Fosty 2.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2019
    Austin
    I also think body language and introduction are key. For example: two hands on the steering wheel is said to be recommended. However do realize that criminals subconsciously put two hands up because they are used to being arrested.

I like the ol’ one hand on the wheel and cause the window is down the other arm and hand on top the window/door. A nice smile and yes sir, is a pretty good hello.

Then again it’s been a long time and by small town cops plus I had friends in le and it just wasn’t really intimidating for me. Not cause I thought ohhh I know people but cause when you do know people you see their just regular guys

Honesty too.
    I was pulled over for speeding. The cop asked me why, I said because I was pissed off at my boss who made us stay late.

He still gave me a ticket, but he was pretty cool.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Exactly. Make sure you tell him about where his paycheck comes from, that always lightens the mood. :D
    I let my GD opinion be known during these unConstitutional infringements of my liberty. I also take a picture of the face including badge # and I get these Fascist Pigs straightened out toot sweet!

And I mean toot sweet in the most badass imaginable way.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I let my GD opinion be known during these unConstitutional infringements of my liberty. I also take a picture of the face including badge # and I get these Fascist Pigs straightened out toot sweet!

And I mean toot sweet in the most badass imaginable way.
    Lolol. You're a certifiable bad ass, or maybe just certifiable.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've never shown my LTC during a traffic stop (been pulled over 3 times since I got my LTC, plus been at the front end of a chain-reaction wreck caused by a girl flying over a hill in her daddy's F-250 while texting on her phone...in Dallas rush hour traffic...)

I do, however, inform them that I'm licensed and carrying and ask how they'd like to proceed. Dallas cops at the accident scene said "Yeah, no big deal, buddy. You're good." One local suburban cop said "As long as you don't draw, we're cool." Kaufman county sheriff deputy and local small town cop both replied with "Yeah? What are you carrying?" and conversations about guns started on both occasions. None actually asked to see the LTC, even though I apparently should've produced it to start with.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I drive the speed limit. :p (can't afford the fines!)

Same here. Not to say I haven't gotten tickets in the past, but the fines seem to be way more then I remember when I was a young driver.I'm not sure how good my memory is, but I seem to remember $75 speeding ticket being really expensive.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    being superciliously respectful of police is just sucking their balls......if you've done nothing wrong and have an LTC.......tell them to get lost.

Top Bottom