Novice from Round Rock (Austin tx)

ryo1549

Oct 23, 2008
Hello people. I've recently gotten into firearms. My step father was a dealer of some sort before but I never got into them. About 7 months ago I purchased my first gun. IT was a Mossburg 12g shotgun. I moved onto a Taurus PT 24/7 .45 and now just purchased a TA-90 9mm. Look forward to chatting with yall. Like all of the information and advice I can get too!

Also may be in the market for some kind of rifle. May trade the .45 towards one soon.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Welcome to the forum. For having just gotten started, it sounds like you have a decent collection already. ;) How do you like the 24/7? I've been curious about those in .45acp. They seem like good bargains.

ryo1549

Oct 23, 2008
Welcome to the forum. For having just gotten started, it sounds like you have a decent collection already. ;) How do you like the 24/7? I've been curious about those in .45acp. They seem like good bargains.

IT shoot pretty decently. I reallly like it. I have issues with accuracy (probably due to my inexperience). The only reason why I may get rid of it is because its so expensive for 230 grain .45 acp ammo. Cheapest stuff I can find is like $16 for 50, unless i buy bulk over the internet.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
IT shoot pretty decently. I reallly like it. I have issues with accuracy (probably due to my inexperience). The only reason why I may get rid of it is because its so expensive for 230 grain .45 acp ammo. Cheapest stuff I can find is like $16 for 50, unless i buy bulk over the internet.
Yeah, I know what you mean. You should get something in 9mm, it's a lot cheaper. I usually see prices of $7.99-$9 or so for boxes of 9mm at most places. Of course, there is always .22lr, which is still ridiculously cheap ($12-15 for 500-550rds!). ;)

ryo1549

Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, I know what you mean. You should get something in 9mm, it's a lot cheaper. I usually see prices of $7.99-$9 or so for boxes of 9mm at most places. Of course, there is always .22lr, which is still ridiculously cheap ($12-15 for 500-550rds!). ;)

Yeah I just got a 9mm. Its a TA-90(tanfoglio) I bought its used in the round rock shop (awesome honest guy there). However I had a few jamming issues. I think I may just need a new clip but not to terribly sure.

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
Welcome to the forum. I moved up to far north Austin almost to round rock about a month ago, maybe I'll see you at some of the gun shops.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Yeah I just got a 9mm. Its a TA-90(tanfoglio) I bought its used in the round rock shop (awesome honest guy there). However I had a few jamming issues. I think I may just need a new clip but not to terribly sure.

9 times out of 10, most feeding issues tend to be the mags with most guns (worn mag springs usually). Replacing a mag spring is usually the cheapest thing to do first. I'm not entirely sure but, I think one of these may work for your mag:

Resources\Ordering

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members