u6agyny3.jpg
    This is how the race was labeled on the ticker
    Lynx Defense

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    On a side note, the traffic around Ft. Worth on race weekends makes me regret moving to N. Ft Worth...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    According to the ticker the NRA was not a sponsor, it was apparently the Texas 500.

I hope they sue the piss out if NASCAR.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was hoping the winner would make a big point of thanking the NRA for sponsoring the race.

Wishful thinking I guess.

digitaltrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Mesquite
    Notice how they focused on the board with fire that said Busch? They did show the NRA sign on top of Kyle's car for like three seconds before panning out

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    According to the ticker the NRA was not a sponsor, it was apparently the Texas 500.

I hope they sue the piss out if NASCAR.

Ain't gonna be nun. Gossage said the contracted ended last year, and even though he and his crack sales team, had been at it, they couldn't find another sponsor, and he wasn't gonna pay for em. He's there to make money...

Which is kinda bad considering that this is usually the highest attended race for the year...

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Ain't gonna be nun. Gossage said the contracted ended last year, and even though he and his crack sales team, had been at it, they couldn't find another sponsor, and he wasn't gonna pay for em. He's there to make money...

Which is kinda bad considering that this is usually the highest attended race for the year...

That was in reference to the pole winner rifle/shotgun. The six shooters were to be done just minus a sponsor. Because it has become an icon for the track.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2080853

Gossage said the tradition of the race winner firing pistols (which also were supplied by the pole sponsor) will remain, even though the guns are unsponsored

"You just won't hear me say, 'Time for the traditional shooting of the six-shooters provided by XYZ firearms' because they're generic guns," Gossage said. "This is a for-profit agency. I like money. This is a for-profit business."

The race winner's tradition is being kept because the track felt it had become a more iconic image than the pole winner's award.

"How many times have you seen the picture of someone shooting a shotgun in the newspaper?" Gossage asked. "But every time, you see those six-shooters."

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    That was in reference to the pole winner rifle/shotgun. The six shooters were to be done just minus a sponsor. Because it has become an icon for the track.

USA TODAY

Gossage said the tradition of the race winner firing pistols (which also were supplied by the pole sponsor) will remain, even though the guns are unsponsored

"You just won't hear me say, 'Time for the traditional shooting of the six-shooters provided by XYZ firearms' because they're generic guns," Gossage said. "This is a for-profit agency. I like money. This is a for-profit business."

The race winner's tradition is being kept because the track felt it had become a more iconic image than the pole winner's award.

"How many times have you seen the picture of someone shooting a shotgun in the newspaper?" Gossage asked. "But every time, you see those six-shooters."

cool I thought he'd nixed the whole thing.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    I noticed that fox sports had the race on the schedule as "NASCAR racing in Texas", whereas everyone else called it the NRA 500

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Jake & I dozed off at lap 200 then woke up for the last 100 laps. Except for the time we dozed off, I only heard NRA being mentioned ONE time. Our NRA ought to get a refund!

I was more concerned that DW failed to yell "Boogety, Boogety, Boogety!" when the green flag came out. Some Liberal probably complained that it was racial or some other nonsense. DW said "Let's go racing". Sorry.......That's lame.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom