• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I just sent this email to fanfeedback@nascar.com:

When NASCAR stated that they regretted the NRA sponsoring the race in Texas, I decided I would no longer support or watch NASCAR. To succumb to political pressure and censorship is beyond understanding. A day may come when a politician decides that auto racing is unacceptable and asks for the banning or boycotting of NASCAR. Who will stand with you then? I believe that we all must stand together to stop the erosion of our rights. I am highly disappointed that an American icon like NASCAR would fold so easily.

I haven't watched NASCAR in years but if they had stood up to the political pressure, I might have started up again.

I may send a similar one to Fox Sports.

digitaltrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Mesquite
    I can't recall with Martinsville but I remember AutoClub being mentioned a shitload of times three weeks ago.

Possibly setting up the TMS race with Martinsville dry run of not mentioning the sponsor?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That article seems to go along with last week being a dry run. I believe they mentioned that the outlets set a precedent with very few mentions of the race sponsor last week which continued in to this week.

Seems to me they were trying to prepare for the backlash.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Where did you hear that? My interest has wained since they went from leaded to unleaded to a blend and some of the other crap like fuel injection etc.

It all went to hell when they stopped racing cars that rolled off an assembly line before being prepped for racing. Now all the cars have the same chassis...

I don't think they're running a blend, it's straight ethanol from what I understand. Don't remember them going to FI, though.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    It all went to hell when they stopped racing cars that rolled off an assembly line before being prepped for racing. Now all the cars have the same chassis...

I don't think they're running a blend, it's straight ethanol from what I understand. Don't remember them going to FI, though.

They started running FI in 2012.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's been going downhill for a while.

I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    It's been a spec league, they've backed off of it a little with these new cars, all having different body's I mean front fenders.

I'm pretty sure it's a 15% blend, unless they changed it since last year.

I've it martinsville on the dvr. I'll go watch it again, and see how many times they say the name of the race.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom