NRA Annual Meeting - Post your impressions, pics, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    The exhibit hall is awesome, lots of free various swag, some famous gun folks at some booths at various times and interesting products from major companies and even the smaller ones. Got there early and wasn't so crowded but later it filled up but still managable. Overall glad that I went, worth the drive and the parking. It's huge so wear comfortable shoes.
    DK Firearms

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Oh, Man!! Sensory overload!! Spent the whole day from 8 am to 6 pm at the meeting. I had a blast. Saw TexasRedneck in the morning, selling Wall of Guns tickets. Had a great time talking to all sorts of vendors and visitors. Saw "Gunny", but didn't wait in line for an autograph. There are some great antiques on display at a number of booths. Gave every ammo and component manufacturer hell for not producing more. Every single one indicated they are expanding operations to get caught up. Met Mr. Hodgdon and talked reloading powders at length. Played with all sorts of cool guns, lasers, and practice systems. Watched the late Chris Kyle's wife speech on the big broadcast screen - I don't think anyone watching was without a tear.

There are a few booths of 'silly' stuff that is crap you often see at crappy gun shows, but most of the booths were very good. I talked at length with the folks who make the concealed firearm furniture pictured earlier in this thread. The lady designs the stuff and has Amish craftsmen make it. They have some VERY nice stuff.

I had an absolute blast!

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Didn't go today, going tomorrow haha. Not really sure what I wanna see more than anything else, so i haven't really considered a plan.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Spent all day there today, 8-6 and i will be there tomorrow and sunday from 8-6 and i can tell you my arms were burning by the time i left. Only problem i had all day was when i got back to my truck (I park for free on the street less than a block away) there was someone parked illegally in front of my truck. They had backed up to where their back bumper was touching mine. and the car behind me was less than a foot away. I had to get an officer to get a tow truck to move the car in front of me to let me out. I have pictures and will post them later. I got to spend some time with the Gunny, Colion Noir and the guys from Duck Dynasty.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Hit it Friday from 0900-1500. Had some specific questions/follow-ups from ShotShow for a few vendors.

- got there about 0830 and scored a metered parking slot just East of conv center for $7 (it said it was only good for 4 hours, so we repaid at lunch....iwhen we left the same truck was next to us, had not repaid, no ticket). Look at the parking lots on-line, many options for $10 that are a short walk.

-The 458 Socom uppers from RRA I had on order still won't be showing up anytime soon (best guess 6-9 months)

-Magpul is still moving....no official word where. Somebody keep filling their beermug til they talk

-Rumors of other "big name" companies relocating seem stronger, but again....just rumors

-why won't the AAC folks show the HoneyBadger....and why do they get all weird about it? Guess I'm glad I run YHM cans.

- good deals on Apex triggers
    - so-so deal on benchmade knives (free laser engraving tho)...so of course I picked one up
    - they do have their automatic knives on hand....which is nice
    - the crkt 25% discount is still 25% higher than amazon
    - lots of swag to be had....get a Dillon calendar!
    - go check out Nemesis Arms and ask for the "Shamwow" demo
    - Colt has their new polymer 380 on hand that was announced at Shotshow....nice enough, but Colt+polymer=just seems weird

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Kudos NRA Store!

I've been wanting the Group Therapy T-shirt but never got around to ordering one. At the show only grey was displayed so I asked about navy .... "sorry we didn't bring them". BUT I ordered it online from the NRA Store computer and what would've have been $23 normally was the same $17.95 from the show store and shipped to my door. I infer ANYTHING that NRA normally sells and is not at the show can be purchased that way. YMMV

Nice touch NRA :cool:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Saturday morning update

Traffic isn't supposed to be this crappy.

If you're coming from the north via I45 and take the Milam exit into downtown, proceed straight ahead for several blocks before turning east. Some street closures in the north part of downtown will really screw you up, otherwise.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    NO! Many people in them and wheel chairs too. Not saying it's the easiest but if it's what is needed bring it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Protip: When you hear someone on a mic doing a product presentation or how-to talk, divert around the crowd at least one aisle early. Presentations by Ruger and SIG speakers, for example, are almost completely blocking the aisles.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hit it Friday from 0900-1500. ... - got there about 0830 and scored a metered parking slot just East of conv center for $7 (it said it was only good for 4 hours, so we repaid at lunch....iwhen we left the same truck was next to us, had not repaid, no ticket). Look at the parking lots on-line, many options for $10 that are a short walk. ...
    At ~2PM that day, the Parking Enforcement people were fully deployed writing tickets underneath the freeway behind (east of) the GRB. I think you did the smart thing by feeding the meter.

Top Bottom