• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Agreeing with tighter background checks is far from caving. Background checks are already a reality and more comprehensive checks that potentially eliminate some of the nuts from buying a gun are very popular with the public. The NRA standing there and saying "anybody and their pet monkey should be able to buy a gun" would simply undermine their position... and we need them to be politically strong in these times. It sounds like good political posturing if you ask me. Like it or not, that's all part of it.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    "The head of the National Rifle Association says the organization has no problem with tighter background checks of gun purchasers."

Tighter background checks = Better, more accurate NICS database that includes metal health flags and better state and local participation.

This is not the "gun show loophole" debate.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I think that the NRA needs to clarify their statement. I wrote them an e-mail stating as such. It took me a long time to rejoin the NRA after some of their previous actions.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Problem is they quoted him out of any context. Here's the interview, even that gets cut.

Notice the reporter is the one making the quote on TV not the NRA rep. Why when they had video of David Keene?

The reporter was able to generalize and not provide the full detail of the answer bending it to his opinion.

NRA responds to Obama's gun laws - CBS News Video

Last edited:

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I have no problem with that, I have no issue with a tighter BG check when I purchase a new firearm. We get them done with purchases from a dealer anyways, maybe this will actually help keep firearms out of the hands that shouldn't have them.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Problem is they quoted him out of any context. Here's the interview, even that gets cut.

Notice the reporter is the one making the quote on TV not the NRA rep. Why when they had video of David Keene?

The reporter was able to generalize and not provide the full detail of the answer bending it to his opinion.

NRA responds to Obama's gun laws - CBS News Video

Thanks for the video! It goes back to the NRA needing to clarify the statement especially if the reporter paraphrased him incorrectly. Walmart did it with the recent ammunition issue.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Ill still do FTF. BOS for my records.
    troll+spray.jpg

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have no problem with that, I have no issue with a tighter BG check when I purchase a new firearm. We get them done with purchases from a dealer anyways, maybe this will actually help keep firearms out of the hands that shouldn't have them.

If background checks kept guns out of the hands of the wrong people, we would institute them for MJ, Heroin, MEth, and everything else.

But guess what? They do not do jack shit to stop the wrong people from getting guns.

But as an FFL, I look forward to picking up an extra $50 for all FTF transfers!

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

Yeah. They sure worked wonders when the boys in DC told the FFLs that Loughner, Cho, and the joker were all A-Ok to sell to.

Give up a little more of your freedom. We'll keep you safe. I promise it'll work this time. Just give up those 30rd mags, go down to 10 and you'll be safe. Wait 10 didn't work, give those up and go down to 7 and you'll be safe I swear! Oops now you're only allowed 1 shot. Heck why do you need a gun anyway. Turn them all in.

I have an issue with anything that Kenyan bastard signs because I know his real motive is not to make the US safer or fight crime but to advance his radical communist ideology, disarm and ultimately punish those who don't agree with his rule.

Look at the whole space shuttle debacle. You got to be shitting me. Mission fucking control doesn't get a shuttle ? That incident alone tells you everything you need to know about his character or lack thereof. His motives are so transparent if you just open your eyes. Every decision he makes and every document he signs is to further divide the country and punish the opposition and reward his minions.

I don't buy his BS and neither should the NRA. They should continue to emphasize the armed guards in schools because they might actually make a difference.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom