APOD Firearms

NRA cutting back room gun control deals with Dems?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I don't know who to trust anymore, but I figured I'd share this to let everyone make their own decisions.

Obama & Republicans Working to Team Up & Pass Dangerous Gun Control

Sources: NRA won't oppose background check deal – if Democrats cede tough records fight - First Read

^^^ The NRA released this statement in response to the above NBC article:

An article appearing today on NBCNews.com is falsely reporting that NRA will not oppose legislation being negotiated in the U.S. Senate that would mandate background checks for all gun purchasers.

The story posted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the background check system to include all private firearm sales, "provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks". This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system.

The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crime and mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violent criminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system.

It's the Ammoland article I'm a little more concerned with. Not sure if they are the same thing or what. I have been learning about the NRA's history and just recently learned that they have supported and helped draft gun control legislation in the past. Something I didn't know till last week.
    Texas SOT

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I wrote an email on FB to them about it and they gave me this response:

Whiskey,
    This story is total BS.
    We aren't working to pass gun control.
    This rumor was started by a group called the "VA Gun Owners Coalition" which is a one man fundraising operation in VA. They make money by attacking NRA and claiming they are the only true supporters of gun rights. It's total hogwash.
    Here is our position on criminalizing private firearm sales.
    NRA-ILA | Statement from Chris W Cox NRA ILA Executive Director regarding inaccurate NBC story alleging that NRA wont oppose background check bill

NRA-ILA | Statement from Chris W Cox NRA ILA Executive Director regarding inaccurate NBC story alleg
    [url]www.nraila.orgAn
    article appearing today on NBCNews.com is falsely reporting that NRA will not oppose legislation being negotiated in the U.S. Senate that would mandate background checks for all gun purchasers.The story posted on NBCN

[/URL]

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    This is in response to the NBC article but the Ammoland article is something different from what I can tell. I asked them to clarify the allegations made in the ammoland article but they gave me the response to the NBC article. Not sure if they are both referring to the same thing.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The NRA will not roll over on this new "Univeral Back Ground Check" scheme. It was the NRA that defeated the National Brady Background Check and Waiting Period. NICS is purely an NRA initiative. They made sure that "National" wait periods were not enacted.

They do offer compromises, but none that deny us the right to bear arms.

Gun Control lives on a very sharp lever, it can go one way or the other, but every time it has gone against us, the People rise up and fire those who have failed to honor their oaths of office.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    The NRA will not roll over on this new "Univeral Back Ground Check" scheme. It was the NRA that defeated the National Brady Background Check and Waiting Period. NICS is purely an NRA initiative. They made sure that "National" wait periods were not enacted.

They do offer compromises, but none that deny us the right to bear arms.

Gun Control lives on a very sharp lever, it can go one way or the other, but every time it has gone against us, the People rise up and fire those who have failed to honor their oaths of office.

You know someone asked me the other day why I'd oppose Universal BG Checks. And one dumbass Republican Congressman actually said it was because he "didn't wanna inconvenience gun owners". Really that is a bad reason to say you are against BG checks for firearms sales. Really I wouldn't care about getting a BG check. But the fact that it is impossible to enforce without mandatory registration of all firearms, is what makes me not even remotely ok with it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not surprised. They have a habit of compromise.

Yeah, 20+ years ago. The NRA has changed. Their new spokesman posted a Youtube video in which he uses the word "motherfucker" a few times.

I've watched the NRA work in CA (and worked with them). Compromise is over.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Trust but verify.

The NRA backed NFA, GCA, the '89 import ban,and the ban on new full auto tucked away in the inappropriately named FOPA. Do your own research....I do not trust the NRA to stand firm...they need just as much pressure as the rest of the politicians.

Alex
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I quit the NRA twice for compromising with the devil. That was long ago and in recent years, they learned the consequences of doing business with the Libtards. Libtards always come back for more.

I KNOW that the NRA cuts deals and campaign funds, support for pet legislation and recommendations from the NRA are all on the table. Conceding on key issues to cut a softer impact on the shooting sports? I just don't see it. NRA leaders learned their lesson and paid a heavy price for it. It took a long time to earn my confidence in them, again.

Flash

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Today's email from NRA-ILA
    Statement from Chris W. Cox, NRA-ILA Executive Director, regarding inaccurate NBC story alleging that NRA won't oppose background check bill *

An article appearing today on NBCNews.com is falsely reporting that NRA will not oppose legislation being negotiated in the U.S. Senate that would mandate background checks for all gun purchasers.

The story posted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the background check system to include all private firearm sales, "provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks". This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system.

The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crime and mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violent criminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'd like to hear ONE damned word from the Libtards about penalizing criminal behavior. A mandatory Federal death penalty for criminals who use firearms in commission of a felony robbery or assault would suit me just fine. So far, they've just been hammering citizens who have never violated the law.

Flash

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    I'd like to hear ONE damned word from the Libtards about penalizing criminal behavior. A mandatory Federal death penalty for criminals who use firearms in commission of a felony robbery or assault would suit me just fine. So far, they've just been hammering citizens who have never violated the law.

Flash

Makes too much sense! You forget that criminals are a protected class among libs. Just look at who they elect!

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I bought a helmet and a gas mask and will stand my ground against all intruders foreign and domestic.

I also have two generators, emergency food and water and hurricane covers for my windows. I do that not because I WANT a hurricane to visit but I'll be prepared if it does.

In either case..........I'm prepared to deal with the problem.

Flash

effnoldguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    North Central Texas
    NBC and MSNBC is the a bunch of a$$-kissers for Obummer. They continually float falsehoods and outright lies to support the liberal agenda. This is another load of horse hockey.

Top Bottom