NRA cutting back room gun control deals with Dems?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ronald Reagan agreed to Democrat promises that in return for compromise on tax rates, social spending would be reduced by one dollar for every three raised.

Reagan kept his promise, and the Democrats stabbed him in the back.

We now have more people on Welfare, Medicare, Social Security, Government Retirement, Disability, and Food Stamps than there are working people to support these social programs.

The NRA has no more room for compromise, since most of their members belong to the productive class. When the productive class is destroyed by default on the National Debt, the NRA will no longer have a source of funding.

It is no longer theory, but fact.

What then? Keep plenty of shot, and keep your powder dry.
    Hurley's Gold

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The NRA backed NFA, GCA, the '89 import ban,and the ban on new full auto tucked away in the inappropriately named FOPA. Do your own research....I do not trust the NRA to stand firm...they need just as much pressure as the rest of the politicians.
    Agreed... The NRA is a great org, but they need a lot of help staying true. That's one of the reasons I'm a life member.

Trung Si

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hill County
    The NRA, like many Organisations has It's Faults and I don't agree with everything they do, BUT they are the Biggest, Meanest, Dog in the Fight for our 2nd Amendment Rights and that's why I am a Life/Endowment Member!;)

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Ronald Reagan agreed to Democrat promises that in return for compromise on tax rates, social spending would be reduced by one dollar for every three raised.

Reagan kept his promise, and the Democrats stabbed him in the back.

We now have more people on Welfare, Medicare, Social Security, Government Retirement, Disability, and Food Stamps than there are working people to support these social programs.

The NRA has no more room for compromise, since most of their members belong to the productive class. When the productive class is destroyed by default on the National Debt, the NRA will no longer have a source of funding.

It is no longer theory, but fact.

What then? Keep plenty of shot, and keep your powder dry.

Don't forget about all the corporate welfare out there. 4 million of our tax dollars just went to some movie makers. Why? Because their making a movie. Happens all the time.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I specifically didn't bite off on the full lifetime NRA membership this year because I still don't trust them. I want to. I really do. But its like taking back a cheating girlfriend...you may forgive but you never forget.

I give to NAGR, GOA, NRA, and others. I just got another email today from NAGR that says the NRA is cutting some deal with Manchin.

I get that some of the groups have different platforms but I wish they'd work together more. This infighting just makes it difficult for us.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I specifically didn't bite off on the full lifetime NRA membership this year because I still don't trust them. I want to. I really do. But its like taking back a cheating girlfriend...you may forgive but you never forget.

I give to NAGR, GOA, NRA, and others. I just got another email today from NAGR that says the NRA is cutting some deal with Manchin.

I get that some of the groups have different platforms but I wish they'd work together more. This infighting just makes it difficult for us.

I hate to say it, but NAGR and GOA send out those emails because that's all they do for your money. I know of no instance where either organization has successfully lobbied for/against a law. Hell, I don't even know if either of them employs a lobbyist. GOA might, NAGR is doubtful. I also know of no lawsuits initiated by either of those organizations.

Other than recruiting materials, I haven't seen anything out of them. They seem to make money by saying "NRA is a compromiser, WE DON'T COMPROMISE!"

Trung Si

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hill County
    I hate to say it, but NAGR and GOA send out those emails because that's all they do for your money. I know of no instance where either organization has successfully lobbied for/against a law. Hell, I don't even know if either of them employs a lobbyist. GOA might, NAGR is doubtful. I also know of no lawsuits initiated by either of those organizations.

Other than recruiting materials, I haven't seen anything out of them. They seem to make money by saying "NRA is a compromiser, WE DON'T COMPROMISE!"

I happen to agree with You!;)

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

There's a number of Rand Paul emails I've received where he supports the GOA, but yeah, I don't know exactly what they are doing behind the scenes. I just want multiple options out there, not a single group (NRA) that can compromise and have the entire discussion be over. Wishful thinking on my part maybe.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I just don't see where bashing the NRA helps. Most correspondence from NAGR seems to do just that. Like others, I wonder what Dudley is really trying to accomplish.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    GOA backed Heller v. DC from the beginning.

NRA tried to kill the case from the start, and only jumped on board when it looked like Heller was going to win...then claimed they were "helping" the whole time.

Yeah. Compromising rights (like the crapfest that is the '86 FOPA) instead of confirming rights is the NRA way. The NRA backed NFA, GCA, FOPA, the '89 ban, and the '94 ban. They are the "big dog" in the fight, but they fight like a mouse and whine like a lion...they need careful and close attention from Americans in order to keep them from just being what LaPierre told me (to my face) what the "real" reason for the NRA was...a money raising operation, not a "gun rights" operation.

Alex
    NRA Patron Life Member

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    GOA backed Heller v. DC from the beginning.

NRA tried to kill the case from the start, and only jumped on board when it looked like Heller was going to win...then claimed they were "helping" the whole time.

Yeah. Compromising rights (like the crapfest that is the '86 FOPA) instead of confirming rights is the NRA way. The NRA backed NFA, GCA, FOPA, the '89 ban, and the '94 ban. They are the "big dog" in the fight, but they fight like a mouse and whine like a lion...they need careful and close attention from Americans in order to keep them from just being what LaPierre told me (to my face) what the "real" reason for the NRA was...a money raising operation, not a "gun rights" operation.

Alex
    NRA Patron Life Member

Interesting. Disturbing but interesting. I'm starting to feel very "alone" in my position and convictions.
    I hope my last correspondence with representatives will be echoed by at least a few others.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I sincerely believe if the NRA flops on this one their membership will drop like a rock and GOA/NAGR will see a huge spike in membership and funding and become big players.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I still don't understand why the NRA hasn't taken away Manchins "A" rating. He's sniffing around the gun grab, looking for a bill that will have a shot. He's trying to coax a few R's into biting on the "Universal Background Check" BS. And everyone knows UBCs are just the gate for gun registration. And gun registration CANNOT do anything about catching felons.

Registration & Licensing 5th Amendment, Self-Incrimination, & Gun Registration

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Because the NRA is all about cutting deals and not drawing a line in the sand with their saber?

Top Bottom