• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    i've never gotten any junk mail from them - but have heard from others that have. not sure why i'm lucky enough to have been excluded from that gift :)

I'm the same. No junk here. I guess we were just a couple of the few who were lucky enough to check the right boxes when we signed up.
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyways, in that small box it says that it is not a bill and since you did not request the DVD you can keep it as a free gift.
    Bingo!

I love the free gifts. They can send me all they want and I'll never send them back or pay or even talk to them about it. There's no requirement to do any of those things.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It is difficult to hear the bitching and moaning about the NRA,...
    Hey, I'm a member so I don't mind pointing out when they screw up.

I really have no major complaints except that they need to get their IT act together. I was an Endowment member, upgraded to Patron, then upgraded to Benefactor. My login at the NRA shows me as a Benefactor. The NRA 2013 web site shows me as a Patron and asks me to upgrade. And just today, I got a snail-mail piece asking me to update my Endowment membership to Patron...which I already did, months ago.

They've got too many databases in too many computers that don't talk to each other. They really ought to fix that.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    What I don't like about them is that they don't deliver promised goods unless you call them and bug them about it. I renewed my membership over the phone and was told I'd be getting a small duffel bag. My membership card came in weeks ago but my duffel bag is yet to be found.

I couldn't care less about the duffel bag but it's about the principle of the matter.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Yeah, I get tired of the junk mail, which is trashed unopened, and the spam in my email account, which you can unsubscribe to but it never works........ but what torques me is the damn phone calls. I finally told the lady 4 days ago if I EVER got another call, especially at 8:30pm to solicit money, I would cancel my membership immediately. I support what the NRA does but if anyone else I do business with nit-picked me like they do I'd...... uh....get madder.

We shall see.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What I don't like about them is that they don't deliver promised goods unless you call them and bug them about it. I renewed my membership over the phone and was told I'd be getting a small duffel bag. My membership card came in weeks ago but my duffel bag is yet to be found.

I couldn't care less about the duffel bag but it's about the principle of the matter.

Keep in mind that they don't do their own fulfillment and it could take months sometimes for a free gift to show up. This is not just with the NRA. I've seen it with many organizations and companies. I've received things in the mail I forgot I was even getting at times.

Also, I have to say as well, besides the occasional NRA credit card or insurance offer, my mail box doesn't get too much anymore. It seems like in the beginning they hit you up and see if you are interested in anything and after awhile and no responses your name may fall off certain lists.

As far as emails, I just set up a yahoo account I only use for the NRA. I check it twice a month or so, and it's really not too much to be honest.

skeath

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    McKinney
    I got one of those a year ago. They wanted me to send it back or pay for it. I did neither.
    They kept writing to remind me. I kept ignoring them. Big deal.
    BTW, it was a good video.

SK

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There is a member services number on the back of your membership card. Call the number tell them of your concerns and it will be taken care of. The NRA helps us a lot. Don't quit the organization because you're getting junk mail. That problem is easily corrected.

There is another option.........sleep with Diane Feinstein and get her off of our asses.

Flash

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I signed up a couple months ago and havent gotten shit. They did hit my account for the money though. Havent been too worried about it really since I just wanted to "support the cause" anyway.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Holy crap! I was just bitchn about this today. I'm glad I'm not the only one. This bombardment of junk mail is annoying. About 10% is actually worth reading, but I'm getting sick of the alerts. I haven't gotten the DVD yet. Hopefully I don't. I became a member this month. Glad to be a member and plan to always be, but not if they're gonna sing me up for things that I'll have to pay for if I don't notice and cancel.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    HOW TO STOP ALL JUNK MAIL AND UNSOLICITED NRA PRODUCTS (DVD'S ETC)

I called the NRA today and got the straight information on how to stop the unsolicited products, emails and junk mail.

I got to the correct people through the number on the back of my membership card but had to transfer. There is a direct number to get you to the right people:

1-800-672-3888
    ask for "no mail, no calls"

The DVD issue is separate. Call:
    1-888-695-4868
    They will stop all future mailings and they stressed that you do NOT need to pay for the unsolicited DVD....(but you knew that already).

Please make the calls and get this fixed to your satisfaction. Don't deprive yourself of NRA benefits and as NRA members, we NEED your participation!

Flash

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I called the NRA today and got the straight information on how to stop the unsolicited products, emails and junk mail.

Please make the calls and get this fixed to your satisfaction. Don't deprive yourself of NRA benefits and as NRA members, we NEED your participation!

Flash

Thanks for the legwork ...

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I rarely get anything from them other than the monthly magazines.....

Most of that goes away when you are a life member.....

There are folks in this Country whose every day consists of coming up with ways to deny us our rights. It is expensive to fight them. They will never go away......

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's very frustrating that you specifically have to "opt out", but once I did I stopped getting all the junk mail. If I remember correctly I was able to opt out from the member services webpage.

BTW, I got that DVD too and just ignored it. You never have to pay for unsolicited crap.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Update:

After going down the path(s) outlined, I'm still getting unwanted e-mail and snail mail. The snail mail is such a waste of my registration fees.

Then to top it all off, I'm now getting telemarketer calls. This was Thursday evening about 2030.

Lady explained to me that the fight isn't over and that NRA members need to be more bold than ever. She went on to explain that Mr. LaPierre was offering me a one time good deal in that I could extend my current membership though Obama's tenure for another $75.

"Can I tell Wayne that you support second amendment rights?" implying that it would cost me $75 to tell Wayne that. And I put that in quotes because that is exactly what her script said to read.

Sorry ... this is the definition of bullshit.

For those NRA gold members or whatever the marketing phrase is, this is what your organization is doing with the hard earned dollars from simple gun enthusiasts. Please share that at the convention if you like. Tell Wayne I said hello.

As you might tell, I'm souring on this political action committee after a short tenure. It appears to be like most PACs ... which is sad. I'm sure at one point in time, it was much different.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Obama, Feinstein, Biden and Shumer want you to live on your knees in front of their sorry asses. The NRA isn't the only player but it is the point man in keeping these assholes in line. I don't know friend, with all the shit going down in Washington and the NRA holding the bastards off, it's a bit nuts to be complaining about junk mail. I bought a shredder that was powerful enough to shred unopened envelopes full of crap. I pick the envelope up, put it in the slot and TA DA......no more junk!

I made the calls and it worked perfectly for me. Call them again. They want you as a member and don't want to alienate you. Keep calling until you get satisfaction.

Flash

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Understand ... shred the paper and delete the spam. Been doing so for the last month.

But now phone calls?

Calling in appears to be like clicking that unsubscribe link at the bottom of spam. Just confirms that an e-mail address (and phone number) is a valid one.

Like I said in the first post, I'm not anti-NRA, just anti-PAC.

Top Bottom