• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    The bird got to the post office this morning. They called my sister and said they thought he was dead, but then he started screaming. So they told her he was "probably going to die" and asked her to get somebody to pick him up. They left no number to call back or anything and I didn't receive any notifications of his arrival like I should have. I had to rush from work to get there. I called a wildlife friend of mine for help to get water into him and try to save this bird. I get to the post office and had to pound on the door for 15 minutes before anyone came out. It was quite frustrating. They told my sister he was probably going to die yet they were upset when I tried rushing them along so I could get him the proper care. It wasn't until I was half way home that the notifications of his arrival popped up. I can't say I'm very pleased with the mail system anymore. Someone really messed up.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The bird got to the post office this morning. They called my sister and said they thought he was dead, but then he started screaming. So they told her he was "probably going to die" and asked her to get somebody to pick him up. They left no number to call back or anything and I didn't receive any notifications of his arrival like I should have. I had to rush from work to get there. I called a wildlife friend of mine for help to get water into him and try to save this bird. I get to the post office and had to pound on the door for 15 minutes before anyone came out. It was quite frustrating. They told my sister he was probably going to die yet they were upset when I tried rushing them along so I could get him the proper care. It wasn't until I was half way home that the notifications of his arrival popped up. I can't say I'm very pleased with the mail system anymore. Someone really messed up.

Classic case of lazy people not doing their job and not giving a chit. Shame on them! Hope the bird pulls through.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    It's another day I have not had enough coffee for yet.

Mornin

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I agree. And I've had to deal with the idiot at the corner c-store first thing. Then I cut the grass and had to deal with a finicky push mower and a cantankerous riding mower, and neither normally are. Didn't mention the framing on the back deck with the window in it, fell over and glass is All Over, along with some of the framing. The framing kinda old, but still. And the trailer I was going to use to haul the stuff away from that, has a small slit in the sidewall of one of the tires.

Just waiting to step on a Lego while barefoot on the way to the shower. And I don't have any kids

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I agree. And I've had to deal with the idiot at the corner c-store first thing. Then I cut the grass and had to deal with a finicky push mower and a cantankerous riding mower, and neither normally are.

Just waiting to step on a Lego while barefoot on the way to the shower. And I don't have any kids
    No worries, it's just a dream! :green:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Note to self: Use a bigger envelope......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

I have been less than impressed with the USPS for about 10 years now. Our current letter carrier would tip the scales at about 500 lbs, and can’t be bothered to leave her vehicle and bring packages to the door. We use informed delivery to track what should be arriving, and my daughter had a registered letter that was out for delivery for 5 days. It didn’t get delivered until her scheduled day off, so she didnt have to leave the vehicle. And for some reason, she can’t seem to shut the mailboxes when its raining. It’s really irritating to find your mail completed saturated. My whole neighborhood complains to the Postmaster all the time, but nothing ever changes. They are currently organizing a group letter to the Postmaster General, detailing all the previous unanswered complaints. There’s no way I’d ship a live animal with them.

TL;DR - The USPS is not what it used to be.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I have been less than impressed with the USPS for about 10 years now. Our current letter carrier would tip the scales at about 500 lbs, and can’t be bothered to leave her vehicle and bring packages to the door. We use informed delivery to track what should be arriving, and my daughter had a registered letter that was out for delivery for 5 days. It didn’t get delivered until her scheduled day off, so she didnt have to leave the vehicle. And for some reason, she can’t seem to shut the mailboxes when its raining. It’s really irritating to find your mail completed saturated. My whole neighborhood complains to the Postmaster all the time, but nothing ever changes. They are currently organizing a group letter to the Postmaster General, detailing all the previous unanswered complaints. There’s no way I’d ship a live animal with them.

TL;DR - The USPS is not what it used to be.

One of the unintended benefits of one of those RING doorbells is getting to watch the USPS abuse your mail, as well as your property.

And, if you're quick about it, you can remark on it ... except that is guaranteeing just more retribution down the road.

Top Bottom