• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Why is it that ground equipment never fails to off itself the day of test? It can't be polite and respectfully wait to off itself a few hours after we finish testing?

Because it's like software, it can sense deadlines and urgency.

Morning earthlings. My Friday.

It's a good thing it's a bad time to buy a gun. Got my eyes on a Ruger GP100 in .44 Special.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Does it only shoot .44 Special? If so, why .44 Special?

Yes, it's chambered in .44 Special. I could do the Model 69 in 2.75". The GP100 is a bit cheaper (normally). Both are in the wheel house of what I'm looking at. A ~3" big bore revolver in the L-frame size.

It's just something I'm looking at, mainly because having another cartridge to reload would be fun. A nod to Elmer Keith if you will. And the .44 Special is definitely a reloader's cartridge.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes, it's chambered in .44 Special. I could do the Model 69 in 2.75". The GP100 is a bit cheaper (normally).

It's just something I'm looking at, mainly because having another cartridge to reload would be fun. A nod to Elmer Keith if you will. And the .44 Special is definitely a reloader's cartridge.
    Just wondering. Although the gun may be cheaper, for most, the ammo is harder to find and more expensive.

Top Bottom