• easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Been binge watching the Twilight Zone.

If you ever get a chance watch the old Twilight Zone episode 'The Obsolete Man', it used to be what Hollywood used to believe. In fact I believe you can watch it on BitChute. What Rod Serling says at the end certainly could be attributed to the Left today.
    upload_2020-8-1_21-11-45.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-1_21-11-45.jpeg
      upload_2020-8-1_21-11-45.jpeg
      5.8 KB · Views: 727

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

If you ever get a chance watch the old Twilight Zone episode 'The Obsolete Man', it used to be what Hollywood used to believe. In fact I believe you can watch it on BitChute. What Rod Serling says at the end certainly could be attributed to the Left today.
    View attachment 222455

Is that the one where he is in the library, but his glasses break, or something like that?

ETA: Just read about it, had it confused, but remember that one as well.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Is that the one where he is in the library, but his glasses break, or something like that?

I remember that episode as well.... He has all his books stacked up in the order he plans on reading them. I can’t remember how he broke his glasses. Fell out of his pocket and he steps on them?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

No. Although the episode does have burgess Meredith, the same actor, The Obsolete Man is a dystopian oligarchy much like 1984.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

View attachment 222455
    One of the better episodes but then all the ones I remember with Burgess Meredith were excellent. Time Enough At Last was the one where he was the librarian and broke his glasses; Mr. Dingle The Strong was when aliens gave him siuper strength in a bar, The Obsolete man - already mentioned, Printers Devil in which he played the demon and Rod Serling played a newspaper editor. Great eoisodes.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    One of the better episodes but then all the ones I remember with Burgess Meredith were excellent. Time Enough At Last was the one where he was the librarian and broke his glasses; Mr. Dingle The Strong was when aliens gave him siuper strength in a bar, The Obsolete man - already mentioned, Printers Devil in which he played the demon and Rod Serling played a newspaper editor. Great eoisodes.
    Rod Serling at the end of The Obsolete Man stated "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete." I just felt that was a very fitting statement for today.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Saw a man die like that, once. It was on the North Freeway in a construction zone. Somebody passed out at the wheel of an old, fullsize van and wandered back and forth hitting the cement barriers on each side. All traffic came to a halt behind him. Eventually, the van came to rest against the outside barrier and everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Then, apparently, the van driver completely lost consciousness and slumped down, depressing the accelerator apparently to the floor. There was a cloud of tire smoke as he accelerated for at least a couple of hundred yards still sliding down the outside barrier, northbound, on the overpass at Greens road.

At that stage of the construction, the barrier ended well before the temporary on-ramp just after Greens road. That on-ramp, being temporary, was pretty short and approached the main lanes at an angle much sharper than the final ramp would be.

The van came off the end of the last section of barrier just as a very small white car was headed up the on-ramp. The van was going at a very high rate of speed when it crossed the median and centered a perfect 90 degree t-bone on the small car. The small car had the whole left side pushed over the right side and it flipped over sideways several times.

I was on the Woodlands bus, a few yards away, when we passed what was left of that car. I sincerely doubt the body was still in one piece.

Top Bottom