• ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Morning peeps.

Was unpacking some boxes recently and came across this.

I'd bet dollars to donuts this isn't in publication any more.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    d82ecf5fe4fd5aada96a7f0f50074d5b.jpg

Attachments

• d82ecf5fe4fd5aada96a7f0f50074d5b.jpg
      d82ecf5fe4fd5aada96a7f0f50074d5b.jpg
      146.7 KB · Views: 290
    Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Rod Serling at the end of The Obsolete Man stated "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete." I just felt that was a very fitting statement for today.
    Yes indeed it fits and will fit long into the future; the Rod Serling had a knack for writing stories, the philosophy of which, would last as long as humanity. The Obsolete Man and that statement from it - like many other episodes of the Twilight Zone and story lines and lessons from the Twilight Zone - may never become obsolete as long as mankind lives on.

That is/was one of the very best episodes but there were many others I liked a lot, still do like them, such as: To Serve Man, A World of His Own (makes a man dream - this one), The Night Of The Meek (one of my favorite Christmas shows), A Penny For Your Thoughts, Mr. Dingle The Strong, Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up, Two, A Game of Pool, The Hunt (excellent story about a man and his dog), The Fugitive, Hocus-Pocuss And Frisby, The Trade Ins, Nightmare At 20,000 Feet, The Jeopardy Room (a classic spellbinding thriller).

I have to thank you for your post because it made me reminisce and it made me look up some episodes on IMDB. In doing so, I found one episode - Spur Of The Moment - that I may have never seen. I certainly do not recall seeing it (but that could just be due to my older little gray cells not being as sharp as they were once upon a time). I have to check Netflix and or Amazon and see if they have it available and if they do I will watch it soon. So - thanks.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Mawning misfits
    Been busy the last few days setting up the new place.

Did manage to stop by the local gun shop & found this gem for $300.

View attachment 222507
    Nice find.

I do not know exactly why but the Ruger Mark IV pistols with the 22/45 pistol grip seem to be always much less expensive than those with the classic Ruger pistol grip of the Mark I, Mark II and many of the Mark IIIs. I am guessing that they have a polymer frame as opposed to alloy or steel frames and that keeps the prices lower. Regardless, you seem to have gotten a really good price on it.

Your post reminded me that I am long overdue to purchase a Ruger Mark IV target pistol, with the classic Ruger grip. Hopefully I can find one at a price that is not prohibitive.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Mawning misfits
    Been busy the last few days setting up the new place.

Did manage to stop by the local gun shop & found this gem for $300.

View attachment 222507
    Oh the pain in the pocketbook. Ordered a Ruger Mark IV Target, 5.5" barrel, blued, model 40101a little while ago. I don't know if I should say 'a pox on you EZ-E' or 'thanks' for reminding me I had procrastinated way too long. I guess it should be thanks - so, THANKS for giving me the idea to stop procrastinating and to give myself a Christmas present in August.:tree:

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Oh the pain in the pocketbook. Ordered a Ruger Mark IV Target, 5.5" barrel, blued, model 40101a little while ago. I don't know if I should say a pox on you EZ-Z or thanks for reminding me I had procrastinated way too long. I guess it should be th

Oh the pain in the pocketbook. Ordered a Ruger Mark IV Target, 5.5" barrel, blued, model 40101a little while ago. I don't know if I should say 'a pox on you EZ-E' or 'thanks' for reminding me I had procrastinated way too long. I guess it should be thanks - so, THANKS for giving me the idea to stop procrastinating and to give myself a Christmas present in August.:tree:
    You can say that again.

Top Bottom