• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Feeling blessed to have the husband and family I do; we have a time period for when our septic is going to be put in and my mom said she would loan us the money to get it. That was the last major thing we had to pay for, they're still 6-8 weeks out but it just means we are one step closer to moving in. My dad is still not doing well but he's trying to make the best of his life right now.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Feeling blessed to have the husband and family I do; we have a time period for when our septic is going to be put in and my mom said she would loan us the money to get it. That was the last major thing we had to pay for, they're still 6-8 weeks out but it just means we are one step closer to moving in. My dad is still not doing well but he's trying to make the best of his life right now.

Sorry to hear your father isn't doing well. More prayers going your way.

Getting closer to getting into your new home, I hope happens quickly for all of you.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Sorry to hear your father isn't doing well. More prayers going your way.

Getting closer to getting into your new home, I hope happens quickly for all of you.
    Thank you! Its been hard watching my dad go down hill, he told me he was happy he got to do two thing with me he never thought he would get to do. Walk me down the aisle and get to see me truly happy and healthy. I think he was waiting on more thing and that was to see my brother and his kids visit from Germany. After they leave I don't know what's going to happen.

Yes we are!! We are so excited! Got our mail box and started ordering appliances yesterday. :D

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Thank you! Its been hard watching my dad go down hill, he told me he was happy he got to do two thing with me he never thought he would get to do. Walk me down the aisle and get to see me truly happy and healthy. I think he was waiting on more thing and that was to see my brother and his kids visit from Germany. After they leave I don't know what's going to happen.

Yes we are!! We are so excited! Got our mail box and started ordering appliances yesterday. :D

Just spend as much time as possible with him and doing things he can and does enjoy doing.

You have my prayers anyways though.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Thank you! We've been trying to go out there as much as we can, usually it consists of us sitting around talking and watching TV. We did get him out of the house for his birthday which was nice. :D I appreciate the prayers, its hard because he has parkinsons and I know what it does to people. I hate seeing him suffer.... and you can tell he gets really frustrated with the way his brain works now.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

Sorry to hear about your Dad.
    Speaking as a Dad, and Mom as at one time I was both, our job in life is simple.
    Love our children unconditionally.
    Teach them to survive without us. One day, they will have to. This is a double edge sword because we will miss them when they no longer need us.
    Sounds like your Dad has done a pretty good job of it.
    I do hope you have him around a good bit longer.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Sorry to hear about your Dad.
    Speaking as a Dad, and Mom as at one time I was both, our job in life is simple.
    Love our children unconditionally.
    Teach them to survive without us. One day, they will have to. This is a double edge sword because we will miss them when they no longer need us.
    Sounds like your Dad has done a pretty good job of it.
    I do hope you have him around a good bit longer.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, we used to get into discussions about this. He would tell me I'm happy we raised you to be independent and survive on your own but I wish you needed me more. My come back would always be, you're still my dad and I will always need you just not in the way I did as a little girl.
    I hope I do too, as long as he's not suffering to much....

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Apparently I wrote a check for that setup (or enough of them for all of us) without realizing it.

I just keep enough in there to cover autodraft bills but I think I would remember writing that check.
    6f78d31dbd7cd2d14abd66d0d3246561.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yeah, we used to get into discussions about this. He would tell me I'm happy we raised you to be independent and survive on your own but I wish you needed me more. My come back would always be, you're still my dad and I will always need you just not in the way I did as a little girl.
    I hope I do too, as long as he's not suffering to much....

Katy, speaking as son, our father taught us to be independent, to think for ourselves, go down our own path in life, and to try and always do the right thing. I'm almost sixty and my father is almost eighty, and even though he's still in pretty decent health, I know the reality of life and life expectancy.

I probably don't need to ask for my father's advice, but I still ask him all the time. Simply because, there will be a day when I won't be able to ask him anymore. Sometimes, I just want him to know I do still need him to be my father.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Katy, speaking as son, our father taught us to be independent, to think for ourselves, go down our own path in life, and to try and always do the right thing. I'm almost sixty and my father is almost eighty, and even though he's still in pretty decent health, I know the reality of life and life expectancy.

I probably don't need to ask for my father's advice, but I still ask him all the time. Simply because, there will be a day when I won't be able to ask him anymore. Sometimes, I just want him to know I do still need him to be my father.
    My dad is in his late 60's and I'm in my late 30's, he taught me to never be dependent on anyone...I am learning to lean on my husband though.

I might not ask my dad's advice as much as he would like but I try and include him in as much as I can. I know he has a hard time right now because with my husband and I building our house he feels like he should be helping us. When they come visit I give him some little things he can do but he wants to be doing the big stuff. Without my parents help I can say we wouldn't have the funds to do some of the stuff we need too on our house, I just keep telling him that he's helping. Maybe not in the way he wants too, but loaning us money when we need it to move another step further on the house is a big deal to us. We try and pay for everything ourselves but sometimes we just don't have the funds.

I honestly thought my dad wasn't going to be around to walk me down the aisle at my wedding.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Apparently I wrote a check for that setup (or enough of them for all of us) without realizing it.

I just keep enough in there to cover autodraft bills but I think I would remember writing that check.
    6f78d31dbd7cd2d14abd66d0d3246561.jpg
    I'll be watching for mine to be delivered.

BTW, that's a hell of an account to be able to overdraft that much.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Taunt him with grandkids. Old guys love having grandkids. I have 12!

Top Bottom